Monday, September 14, 2020

Blimey!


Hello and welcome.  I received this cute pirate stamp set as a thank you gift in a recent order from The Cat's Pajamas (so I have no idea name of this set) and I had some scrap card stock still on my desk from the Dare To Get Dirty challenges on Splitcoaststampers and decided to try turning all that into a card.

I started out by stamping my images/saying in memento tuxedo black ink onto scrap Hammermill white then coloring using both prismacolor and copic markers.  I then stippled Tim Holtz old paper, tumbled glass and chipped sapphire distress inks over and around to "age" the image panel a bit before layering onto scrap card stock.  For the card, I pulled out a scrap piece of kraft card stock then added some "old world map" scrap designer paper I had bought at Costco years ago. For embellishments, I added some thread, small punched navy flowers, ice stickles, faux sewing and a few hand drawn "birds".  I do apologize for the "sepia" colored pictures.  Unfortunately, due to all of the smoke from the wildfires we have here in California, this is the best I'm getting right now.

Challenges entered:

 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and stay safe out there.

Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Old Paper, Chipped Sapphire, Tumbled Glass
Card Stock: All Scraps
Accessories: Thread, Stipple Brushes, MS Hydrangea Punch, Glue Dots, Ice Stickles, Dimensionals, Black Artist Pen
 

5 comments:

  1. Such a fun card, love the pirate theme. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant card CATS ONLY CHALLENGES
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hug Ginny
    SUYP Cats Challenges.
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - I love the cat in the sail boat - so cute!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Birthday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete