Friday, September 18, 2020

Beware Of The Cat!


Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a card I made using Impression Obsession's image Trick or Treat Birdhouse (G1646-DG).  My card today features the digital version of the image.  For those who don't like using digital images, you can get the rubber one here and it's also on sale right now.  
 
I started out by printing my image onto Neenah white card stock and coloring using Prismacolor and Lyra pencils before blending using a blending pencil.  I then stippled some Tim Holtz stormy sky, chipped sapphire and wild honey distress inks over and around it to give a "blustery autumn rain storm" feel before layering.  I then pulled out some maple leaf brads I've had for years and never used before dry embossing a chocolate border then adding a chocolate ribbon.  After that I lightly sanded the border to distress it a bit and then sponged Tim Holtz spiced marmalade around the edges of the card before stippling brushed corduroy over the Basic Grey Ambrosia designer paper to also distress that before adding my layered image.  Behind the image I dusted off some silk maple leaves I've also had in my stash for years and rarely used.  I'm really happy with how this turned out since I've been dealing with increased migraines and breathing issues from asthma/COPD due to all the smoke from the wildfires burning around me.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and stay safe out there.  Also if you're willing, please pray for all of the wildfire victims.  

Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Tim Holtz Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire, Wild Honey, Brushed Corduroy
Card Stock: Neenah White, Stampin Up, Basic Grey Ambrosia Designer Paper
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Silk Leaves, Glue Dots, Ribbon, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Pumpkin Harvest EF, Ribbon, Brads, Dimensionals

4 comments:

  1. Haha! I am giggling. Check out my post this coming Monday! We used the same image. I didn't dress mine up with all the fall finery you did though. :) I love the leaves you added! I can spot your kitty better than the way I colored mine, I will have to work on that! I love your multi colored leaves. Fabulous card. Thanks so much for playing in the IO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable image and just the type I like for Halloween, I must get this one in the Digi format. Great card, Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge and best of luck in the draw! Donna, GDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Perfect colouring. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty,

    Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete