Sunday, June 2, 2024

Smile

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card I made just because.  I've had a bad time dealing with my migraines, and life, lately so I wanted to do something that was just for fun.  Know what I mean?  So I pulled out one of my favorite stamp sets.  It's from Gerda Steiner Designs called Upside Down Flamingo which is unfortunately sold out at this time. 

I started out by stamping the flamingo twice on scrap Copic card stock before adding the wood mounted palm trees next to it.  After pulling out my Prismacolor and Copic markers, I then fussy cut parts of the flamingo to pop up later.  I then lightly stippled Tim Holtz tumbled glass and stormy sky distress inks as my "ocean water" and sky/fog background.  After popping up the flamingo neck and body, I dug out my bottle of Meraki Sparkle Green Illusion gems and added a few of those.  The final touch was adding some "faux brads" in the corner by punching a small piece of scrap pink card stock and a small line of diamond ice stickles to highlight the water.
 
Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers IC965 - Patti J. Good Designs (inspired by palm tree, ocean instead of pool)
 
IC965
 
The Four Seasons
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Gerda Steiner Designs (flamingo/saying); Stamp Yourself Silly (palm trees)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky Distress
Card Stock: Scraps
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Pop Dots, Bling, Ice Stickles, Blending Brushes, Bearly Art Glue


3 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME and it really says Summer to me. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art and talents with us at both The Four Seasons Challenge and at Word Art Wednesday. I'm incredibly grateful to have you play along in our challenges at both. I also want to tell you that I prayed for you as I stopped by here this evening. I care about you, and so does God. Feel better soon, my crafty friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Thank you for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Summer Challenge.

    ReplyDelete