Thursday, May 30, 2024

Stained Glass Florals

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a couple of cards I've been working on for the past couple of weeks.   It's taken me this long to finish both because I've had a nasty migraine that just wouldn't go away or even ease up a bit.  Both cards use the Stained Glass Beauty and Stained Glass Nature Jewel It collage sets from Gecko Galz.

First up is a tri-fold card.  After cutting out the birds/floral stained glass image that I had printed out for another project and never used, I layered it on scrap Recollections blue trio card stock before adding brads then running a finger nail along the edges to distress it before setting aside.  I then cut out one of the bird/floral images from the Jewel It set before layering, adding brads and distressing again using my fingernail.  I did the same for the third panel using the butterfly/floral image.  Taking some pacific point card stock, I added blue digital paper from the Seasons of Hope paper pack then added my layered image panels using glue dots.  I then pulled out all of my scrap card stock, Martha Stewart punches and paper crimper, and created my own floral sprays underneath each of the panels adhering them using Ranger's glossy accents.  To the flower centers, I added tiny blue bling crystals to finish my card off before stamping my greeting using a retired Stampin Up set called "Mixed Greetings".  I'm really happy with how this turned out.  Here's the other two panels:
 

 

Challenges entered:
 
 

 

My second card is using the stained glass flowers/sun image paired with another digital page from Seasons of Hope paper pack.  Once again after I edged the main image using a memento tuxedo black "cat eye" ink pad, I layered and added brads before setting aside.  I then took a more mustard card stock scrap and dry embossed it using a Cuttlebug floral/paisley (don't have original package to see name) and my Big Shot before lightly sponging more mustard ink over the embossed images.  After popping up the main image panel using pop dots, I added some tan fibers I've had in my stash for years, and I mean YEARS, along with a couple of prima flowers.  The only embellishment was adding a single bling gem to the center of the flowers.
 
Challenges entered:
 
 

 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.
 
Tri-Fold Card
Stamps: Gecko Galz; Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black  
Card Stock: Gecko Galz Digital Paper Pack; Stampin Up; Scraps; Neenah White
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Fingernail, MS Punches, Brads, Glue Dots, Bling, Glossy Accents, Paper Crimper

Mustard Floral
Stamps: Gecko Galz
Ink: Stampin Up More Mustard
Card Stock: Gecko Galz Digital Paper Pack; Neenah White; Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Fingernail, Computer, Printer, Brads, Primas, Fiber, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Bling, Pop Dots, Sponge

 

10 comments:

  1. Wow, so glad you persevered because these are beyond stunning cards! We look to be getting the heat next week, so sorry y'all are getting it now. Hope you can somehow get some relief from heat and pain, my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards - my favourite is the first one with the beautiful birds.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two stunning cards with wonderful images in beautiful vibrant colours,thank you for joining in at CD Sunday Plus

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card for us at CD Sunday Plus. Especially the butterflies - my favourites.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! That image is just stunning! Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge, and I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful stained glass cards, I love both of them,
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Nice composition! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and that blue one is stunning. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these cards are stunners! I love the stained glass effect, the images pop off the cards. Thanks for inspiring us with your lovely card at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous creation! Thanks so much for sharing this month at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete