Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Butterflies and a Stained Glass Desert

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a couple of cards I made this last week while dealing with my migraines again.  Let's just say I'm SO TIRED of having these constant migraines.

First up is a card made using the butterfly card toppers from Gecko Galz.  These pre-colored images are a life saver when you're eyes are not doing good because of migraines but are still trying to not focus on the pain.  Once I had the page printed off, I trimmed down the butterfly card front before layering and adding some small pink brads.  I then took a couple of primas I found in my stash and adhered those over where the saying used to be since I wanted to be able to use the card for any occasion.  Once those were added, I dug out some old, and I mean OLD, flat-backed white pearls from My Favorite Things and adhered those using my Bearly Art glue.

Challenges entered:
 
Double D Challenge June 19, 2024 - Reach For The Stars/Inspiration Pic Below (inspired by lower right colors, see stars as splatters). 

Triple B Challenge

Gecko Galz Facebook Group

Double D Challenge


Stamps: Gecko Galz
Ink: None
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Small Hole Punch, Glue, Pearls, Primas, Glue Dots
 
Next up is a card made using an OLD Rubbernecker (now Brass & Bliss) stained glass stamp that I bought in a grab bag at a stamp convention a good 15yrs, or so, ago. 

It's stamped in memento tuxedo black ink before coloring it using Copic markers.  Once all of the coloring was done, I layered it making sure to distress the edges of each layer using my paper distresser before adding brads and adhering it to a red card using pop dots.  The only embellishment is yellow ice stickles to highlight the suns rays. I'll be sending this to a friend, as a pick me up, who moved from Arizona to North Carolina.

Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers USEIT2024 - Use Your Unloved Stash (stamp not sure I've ever used it before)
Make My Monday #228 - Outdoor Summer Fun (family trip to AZ desert as a kid)
 
IC967 (I saw cactus)



 
 Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Rubbernecker
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Copic White; Stampin Up
Accessories: MISTI, Copic Markers, Brads, Pop Dots, Paper Distresser, Ice Stickles
 

7 comments:

  1. A brilliant take on the challenge,definitely see the summer sun,thank you for joining in at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that you are having such problems with migraines, as a fellow sufferer I know how debilitating they can be. But despite that you have made an absolutely stunning butterfly card!
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous butterfly image and card. And I like that RNecker stamp, your card is so pretty using it. I'll never probably call it Brass and Bliss, only old-timers will know who I'm referring to I suppose, haha. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the butterfly background and WTG with the NBUS too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty butterflies, gorgeous colors!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
    Diane TB Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Triple B}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stained-glass look & lovely stickles on your sun! Bold & beautiful colors. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the stain glass window card. That's amazing. Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I always enjoy seeing your wonderful cards linked up with us and I hope you will visit again soon. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete