Monday, June 17, 2024

Angels, Steampunk And Summer

 Third post today.  Playing migraine induced crafty catch up. If you're looking for my Pammie's Inky Pinkies card, please scroll down two posts.  If you're looking for my ATC post, please scroll down one.  This post will have a total of three cards on it.
 
Hello and welcome.  I'd like to share with you a Christmas card made using this gorgeous angel freebie from Gecko Galz for their monthly Christmas challenge.  As soon as I saw the image, I just knew I had to pair her with Christmas music for the background.  

After printing off the Angels We Have Heard On High that I scanned from my late mother-in-law's old hymnal, I layered it, added some faux brads before adhering it to an ivory card base then set it aside.  I then layered the angel, added more faux brads, before color spritzing forest foliage and bravo burgundy markers to distress a bit more.  Taking my Martha Stewart punches, I punched several ferns, and flowers, from scrap card stock before sending the ferns through my paper crimper and adding using Ranger glossy accents.  The final embellishment was gold ice stickles in the flowers centers.  I'm really happy with how this card turned out.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Peace On Earth
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Gecko Galz
Ink: None
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, MS Punches, Glossy Accents, Gold Ice Stickles, Paper Crimper, Color Spritzer, SU Markers
 
 
Next up is a really easy steampunk card made using Gecko Galz monthly steampunk challenge image.  As soon as she was printed off, I paper clipped her to leftover Conjurer of Dreams Timeless background paper.  I started out by layering the steampunk image onto scrap not quite navy and espresso card stock before distressing the edges and adding vintage brads.  I then adhered the layered image panel over my card base using pop dots before lightly spritzing night of navy marker using a color spritzer.  Easy peasy and looks fabulous in my opinion.  

Challenges entered:
 
 
Stamps: Gecko Galz
Ink: None
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up; Conjurer Of Dreams
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Paper Distresser, Brads, Color Spritzer, Navy Marker


Finally, I have a fun summer themed card using Gecko Galz August freebie collage.  I really love this vintage pin-up image and decided to pair it with a swirl embossing folder for a fun card.    Once the card base was dry embossing using my Cuttlebug swirl embossing folder, I dusted off my old stipple brushes and lightly rubbed Tim Holtz wild honey distress ink over the raised images before adding the layered image panel and faux brads.  The final touches were orange/yellow organdy ribbon and spritzing some riding hood red marker over everything.  Another easy peasy card.

Challenges entered: 
 
 
 
 
Gecko Galz Facebook Group
 
Gecko Galz Customer Challenge

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Gecko Galz
Ink: Tim Holtz Wild Honey Distress
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Ribbon, Color Spritzer, SU Riding Hood Red Marker, Glue Dots, Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Stipple Brush

 


 
 

12 comments:

  1. Great designs! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and creative variety of cards!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth and Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane POE , CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards, I love the look of the embossing around your focal point on the last card, really creates a nice frame for the image. Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also wanted to thank you for playing along at the Paper Funday Challenge.

      Delete
  4. Great cards! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely vintage design! The photograph image is lovely and I really like the sheet music background and the floral corner Embellishments! This is is wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Krafty Chicks Challenge! - Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Bonnie. I love the sheet music paper and your vintage image is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great image for the Christmas card and the added flowers and foliage really make it special. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous
    Julia
    Gecko Galz DT

    ReplyDelete