Sunday, June 9, 2024

Summer Of Travel

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you an art journal page I made with summer traveling in mind.  Growing up I watched the Love Boat and always thought it would be so cool to go on a cruise.  However, now, you couldn't pay me to go on a cruise.  I know plenty of people that do and love it.  There are several reasons I personally don't want to go on one: 1) passengers "falling" overboard, 2) too many people 3) price and if there's one thing the pandemic taught me 4) cruise ships are like petrie dishes and exposure/getting sick is too risky for me. So I decided to make my journal page with flying, as well as cruising, in mind.

I started out by stippling some Tim Holtz picket fence, faded jeans and walnut stain distress inks onto navy card stock using my paper pouncers.  While that was drying, I cut apart a Gecko Galz Great Journey's collage sheet I had pre-printed a week or so ago, and layered the images.  Once I had adhered the layered images using glue dots, and my typed journaling, I dug through my box of wooden embellishments.  Some of the box I had received from a friend, when she had to give up paper crafting a while back and hadn't used yet, plus some from Dollar Tree.  After pulling out the ones I wanted to use, I adhered them all using Ranger's glossy accents.  The final touch was color spritzing a Stampin Up night of navy marker over everything.  I'm really happy with how it turned out especially since I'm still dealing with this blasted migraine.  Since physically I can't really travel anymore, I travel now through my crafting.

Challenges entered:
 
We Love To Create Mixed Medial #5 - Anything Goes Mixed Media (ink, digital stamps, wood embellishments)
 
 
Gecko Galz Facebook Challenge
 
The Four Seasons

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.
 
Stamps: Gecko Galz 
Ink: Tim Holtz Picket Fence, Faded Jeans, Walnut Stain Distress Inks
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Paper Pouncers, Wooden Embellies, Ranger Glossy Accents, Color Spritzer, SU Night of Navy Marker

 
 

7 comments:

  1. That's a great page, Bonnie! Love how you combined all the GG images with the wood. And you are not alone about traveling, especially cruising. I'd love to go again but they easily can be and often are super spreaders. Haven't decided for sure yet but I'm probably not even going to my 50th high school reunion cuz that will be a super spreader! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back with my DT hat on, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday Plus! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous journal page with so much detail!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun creation! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at 613 Avenue
    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great art journal page and I love the wooden embellishments.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great page, and I too love all the wooden embellishments.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Jo x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great page to study. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete