Saturday, June 29, 2024

Sunflowers and Winds

Hello and welcome.  It's been a few days since I've posted.  I've been dealing with this nasty migraine again and also the loss of one of my foster kittens from leukemia - little Jerry.   Although I'm missing him very much, I know he is no longer in pain, or suffering.  He hid his illness quite well until it was too late.  Since they say coloring is good therapy, and I agree, I decided to do a little coloring and creating. 
 

 
I had started coloring this image panel a few weeks ago for the monthly Woodblock Wednesday challenge and didn't finish the card until this morning using a long retired, and dusty, Stampin Up set called Winds of Grace.   The images and saying are stamped in memento tuxedo black ink and colored using my koh-i-noor pencils before blending using a blender pencil.  Once the coloring was finished, I stenciled the cloud background using a retired Picket Fence Studios slimline cloud stencil before layering and adding brads.  For the final touches, I added a bit of twine and waterfall ice stickles to highlight the ocean.

Challenges entered:
 

 
 IC968
 
Stamps: Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Stormy Sky
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Kor-I-Noor Pencils, Blender Pencil, Brads, Stencil, Ice Stickles, Twine, Ice Stickles, Glue Dots
 
 
Next up are a couple of cards made using some pre-colored images from Gecko Galz.  Let me say this, I LOVE sunflowers and the Sunflowers For Ukraine collage has several gorgeous images included.  Every summer white I live, there are so many wild sunflowers growing everywhere.  After I had trimmed and layered the images I wanted to use, I added them to their respective card bases before stamping the sayings I wanted to use underneath the layered images.  I then punched some small circles to create my own matching "faux brads".  The final touches was adding a few coffee bean sequins adhering them using Bearly Art glue.

Challenges entered:
 
 

 
Stamps: Gecko Galz; Stampin Up (thank you); CTMH (Helen Keller quote)
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Sequins, Small Hole Punch, Glue, Glue Dots
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.
 
 



7 comments:

  1. The sunflowers are beautiful and I love the backgrounds you have used. Sorry to read that you are still suffering with migraines.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome projects Bonnie Lynn. Love the nautical theme! Thanks so much for linking up to this month's Woodblock Wednesday. Sorry about the migraines and Little Jerry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sunflower images and cards are beautiful,thank you for joining in at CD Sunday Plus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all 3 cards, gorgeous coloring and beautiful sunflowers. Honey just pulled ours up and harvested the seeds. Down here, they grow spring and fall but not summer...too hot I guess. He had just thrown seeds down for the birds and they came up in our flower bed, lol. He threw the new seeds down the other day and squirrels were on them like mad so probably no flowers this fall. RIP to your foster, XXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie Lynn: Awesome projects shared in this posting!!! For FarmQuest General Store, we love seeing country wildflower projects like sunflowers being delivered to us! :) You've done a great job coordinating papers, sentiments and accents with the sunflower images! Outstanding! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have recovered from your migraine and I'm sorry to hear about poor little Jerry.
    Thank you for sharing such lovely sunflower cards with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two great sunflower cards for our challenge. Sorry to hear about Jerry - hugs.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete