Thursday, June 6, 2024

Mermaids, Coffee, Graduation And Heat

Its Too Hot GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY
 
Hello and welcome.  First let me just say this .... It's too freaking hot!!  My part of California is forecasted to be 105 today with humidity. Ugh!  I am struggling with my migraines, plus other health issues, and this heat is not helping at all.  Now that I've gotten that out, on to today's cards.  Fortunately, I didn't have to do too much coloring since, pain wise, I was at "it might feel better crying" again.  

First up is a card I made for my friend's sons graduation from high school today.  I wanted something book related, and I had this cool freebie image, from Conjurer of Dreams Facebook group already printed.  Once I had cut it down to size, and layered, I added some "faux brads" then set it aside for a moment.  I then dug through my stash of designer paper and found this cool printed page, so I grabbed that and added it to the card before stippling Tim Holtz walnut stain distress ink around the edges and a little over the designer paper too.  Once I had added my layered image, I decided to "age" the image a bit and stippled old paper distress ink on it.  The only embellishments are some kraft thread and a "pair" of wooden glasses that I stained before adding glossy accents to make it look like real lenses.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Next up, I had a fun card made with The Cat's Pajamas Big Cups digital set and Picket Fence Studios Down To The Last Cup background I received as a RAK from a friend.  Once I had combined the Sprinkle image, and saying, I printed it on Neenah white card stock before coloring using my copic markers before layering and adding brads.  I then stamped the background in espresso ink, stippled espresso ink around the edges before lightly stippling some old paper distress ink over the panel and the layered image panel.  The final touch was adding some Picket Fence coffee bean sequins (retired) using Bearly Art glue.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Finally, I have a mermaid inspired card using Crafter's Companion Swim Free (retired) stamp set.  I started out by blending Tim Holtz tumbled glassbroken chinastormy skyfaded jeans and chipped sapphire distress inks using my blending brushes.  I then stamped all of the images in memento tuxedo black ink using my MISTI before layering and adding faux brads.  The only embellishment added was some blue sequins from my stash.

Challenges entered:
 

Double D Challenges


Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Graduation Card
Stamps: Conjurer of Dreams
Ink: Tim Holtz Walnut Stain, Old Paper
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up; Designer Paper
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Blending Brushes, Wooden Glasses, Glossy Accents, Thread, Glue, Small Hole Punch
 
Coffee Card
Stamps: The Cats Pajamas; Picket Fence Studios
Ink: Adirondack Espresso; Tim Holtz Old Paper 
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Sequins, Blending Brushes, Copic Markers, Brads, Glue Dots

Mermaid Card
Stamps: Crafter's Companion
Ink: Tim Holtz Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire, Broken China, Stormy Sky; Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Blending Brushes, MISTI, Sequins, Small Hole Punch, Glue
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Nice job on your cards. Ugh, I hate the humidity, thankfully even though we hit 95 today the humidity's only 54% so it's actually not too terrible. I don't like that it never gets cool at night because it's like no break at all from it. I found a little corner in our house if I turn the ceiling fan on medium it gets really cool in the afternoon from the central A/C whereas the rest of the house is hotter because the A/C struggles to get back down to the temp we have it on. I usually have to get an ice cold washrag to cool down otherwise. Hope you find some relief, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great assortment of cards, thank you so much for sharing at I spy with my little eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and creative variety of cards, hopefully creating them keeps your mind off the heat, so far here in Michigan our weather has been pretty great and low to no humidity so far!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are fantastic! I love the coffee drinking cat. Hopefully the weekend has brought some cooling relief.
    Cheers, Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are doing better, Bonnie. I am glad you were able to create and these 3 cards are wonderful. I really love the Swim Free card for there is such a great feeling of movement. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant cat and background papers. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your whimsical Mermaid card! Great underwater scene! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Pick 3 Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete