Monday, June 24, 2024

Vintage Flowers


 Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card made over the last several days coloring it only as I felt up to it.  My card is using Gecko Galz Background Check digital stamp set.

Once I was done printing the image at 3.5x5, to make it easier to color, I pulled out my Castle Arts watercolor pencils and colored the flowers, stems, butterfly and bee blending the colors using a blending pencil.  Once I was finished, I blended Tim Holtz tea dye and old paper distress inks using my blending brushes.   After layering the colored image, and added rose colored brads, I adhered it to my card using glue dots.  The final touch was adding some flat-backed vanilla pearls that found in my stash, never having been used.

Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers IC968 - The Other Aesthetic (inspired by the tulips used daisies instead)


IC968
 

 

 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: Gecko Galz
Ink: Tim Holtz Old Paper, Tea Dye Distress Ink
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Castle Arts Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pencil, Pearls, Brads, Glue Dots, Glue, Blending Brushes
 

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully colored, Bonnie and I thank you for sharing it with us at Beautiful Blossoms, even if I'm not seeing it over there yet to see if it's my comment number, lol. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card. The coloring on this is fabulous. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully coloured and lovely to see watercolour pencils being used.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully coloured and lovely image
    Thank you for joining us
    Magaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card, the colours are just perfect!
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CD Sunday Plus!
    XOX, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete