Saturday, January 23, 2021

Springtime Linnea

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card with you that's taken me a few years to assemble (insert rolling eyes) using the beautiful Linnea Sprite from Aurora Wings.  .  I colored her a few years ago, however, between moving, migraines and other health issues, I just never got her finished.  
 
After dusting her off, I lightly stippled bashful blue and so saffron inks around her before layering and adding brads.  For the card base, I dusted off some forgotten Die Cuts With A View posies designer paper from the stash, added it to the card base and then popped up the layered image over a light blue border.  I then added some white grosgrain ribbon to the card before sponging leftover wasabi ink over it since the white seemed a little too bright.  Once satisfied with the card, I found an orange clip I've had for years and added some Picket Fence Spiked Ocean Water sequins using glue dots.  She was colored using prismacolor markers.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great weekend.  Stay safe out there and please wear a mask!!

Stamps: Aurora Wings
Ink: SU So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue
Card Stock: Copic White, Stampin Up, DCWV
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Prismacolor Markers, Blending Brushes, Sequins, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Clip, Ribbon, White Gel Pen, Brads
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. She's looking good despite the passing of the years LOL! Love the colours you've used.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely cheerful card, beautiful colours.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, thankyou for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, cheerful image at least you have got around to using her now. I hope you continue with better health
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so lovely and well done on finally finishing this project. I also have things that I have started and not finished but ..... one day :-)
    Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you feel great now that you have completed this - and beautifully too. I must admit to have one or two unfinished ones of my own.
    Thank you for sharing with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bright cheerful colour combo. So pleased you got to finish it and are sharing it with us at CD Sunday PLus Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete