Friday, January 15, 2021

A Birthday Hedgie

 

Hello and welcome.  Today is the 7th day of Bugaboo's Birthday Bash and with today's challenge, there is a flash freebie offered over at Catch The Bug. For my project today, I chose to use a different image than today's flash freebie since I had just used the same two days ago.   So for my project I am using the Birthday Hedgie 01 image.

After printing my image onto Hammermill white card stock, I colored it using copic markers and Castle Art pencils before sponging Bermuda bay ink around the edges and layering.  The card consists of a Bermuda bay base, dry embossed using a cuttlebug birthday greetings embossing folder and my big shot.  I then lightly sponged matching ink over the dry embossed sayings before deciding to also dry emboss a scrap of groovy guava card stock, and adding my layered image.  For the final touches, I added some dusty epoxy hearts and 3D glaze pens.  I'm really happy with how this turned out since my migraine rebounded while coloring.  Not a good thing I'm afraid.

Challenges entered:
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Don't forget to stop by the design team blogs and leave them some love.  While you're at it, we'd love it if you'd join us in the challenges here.  Please stay safe out there and please wear a mask!!!

Stamps: Bugaboo Birthday Hedgie 01
Ink: Stampin Up Bermuda Bay
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Copic Markers, Castle Art Pencils, Sponge, Epoxy Heart Stickers, Sakura 3D Glaze Pens, Glue Dots, Cuttlebug Birthday Greetings Embossing Folder, Big Shot


9 comments:

  1. Your embossed background sets it all off perfectly.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute image and I love that background. The ink has brought out the embossing and it looks really deep.
    Pamela
    CD sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun cute card Bonnie.. your little bear is perfect for the HB embossed background, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card. The colors look so good.
    Greetings, Christa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the colours you have chosen. The embossed background looks great and nice colouring too. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the embossing and a lovely image
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colour palette you have used and the image is so cute. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday Plus Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colours chosen for your card, it's really striking. I love the embossed background too.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh gorgeous colours and beautifully embossed word background. Cute bear. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

    ReplyDelete