Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Oh Deer!

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I have what should be a quick and easy card to share for a few challenges.  I say "what should be" because this one took me a week thanks to a migraine rebound and my asthma/COPD flaring up again.  

I started out by dusting off an unloved Stampin Up reindeer punch, then punching four reindeer from scrap chocolate chip card stock and setting aside.  I then took a red card panel and dry embossed it using a never before used, and quite dusty, Sizzix Dearly embossing folder along with my big shot.  After adding that to a green card base, and sponging ruby red ink over it, I then added the punched reindeer using glue dots.  Taking a white card stock scrap, I stamped the saying from a long retired Stampin Up set Holiday Best, I received as a RAK, in spruce ink before sponging the same on the edges.  After adding the saying to the card, I then added some green/gold organdy ribbon.  The final touches were wooden Christmas trees I received as a RAK, googlie eyes on the reindeer, and then red/black/gold ice stickles to highlight the reindeer's nose.  

Challenges entered: 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.  Stay safe out there and please wear a mask!!

Stamps: Stampin Up
Card Stock: Stampin Up; Scraps
Ink: Stampin Up Ruby Red, Spruce
Accessories: Reindeer Punch, Wooden Trees, Glue Dots, Googlie Eyes, Sizzix Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Ribbon, Ice Stickles, Sponges
 

7 comments:

  1. Poor you feeling so ill. I don't always enjoy the best health so can sympathise totally. Love your little troupe of deer - so cute. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, and at Let's Squash It too! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your quartet of reindeer, Bonnie! Spotted these cuties at Let's Squash It!! and Christmas Kickstart & love the embossed background too! So fun with the little wooden trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a cute card, love the googly eyes. Thank you for playing at Christmas Craft Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful ribbon over your reindeer! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really fun design! The googly eyes are very cute. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your chocolate reindeer are adorable and look fab against that red embossed background. Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! and Christmas Kickstart. Hugz

    ReplyDelete