Tuesday, January 5, 2021

It's A Cupcake Kind Of Day

Hello and welcome.  Today is another new release from Bugaboo Stamps called Cupcake Tray and can be found here.  
 
After printing the image onto Neenah white card stock, and colored using Castle Art pencils with a blender pencil, I lightly stippled some Tim Holtz tumbled glass and tattered rose distress inks over and around it before layering.  Once I was finished layering, I added some vintage brads and distressed the edges of the bottom layer using a fingernail before adding to a rose card with Die Cuts With A View Sweet Shoppe designer paper and chocolate chip ink sponged around the edges.  I then added a satin chocolate ribbon, and hat pin I've had for years, before highlighting the words, and parts of the colored image, using Sakura 3D glaze pens.  Once the glaze was dry, I added some vintage pearl bling and dew drops.  I'm really happy with how this turned out since I have been battling a migraine for several weeks.  Fortunately, the pain level was not as bad when I made the card.
 
Challenges entered:
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day, stay safe and please wear a mask!!

Stamps: Bugaboo
Ink: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Tattered Rose; Stampin Up Chocolate Chip 
Card Stock: Neenah White, Stampin Up, DCWV Sweet Shoppe DP
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Castle Art Pencils, Blender Pencil, Pearl Bling, Glue Dots, Sponge, Stipple Brushes, Ribbon, Hat Pin, Dew Drops, Sakura 3D Glaze Pens, Pop Dots

7 comments:

  1. Everyday's a cupcake day in my world! Love the hat pin, I sometimes make them for my cards.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card, there's nothing like a cupcake to brighten your day! I love the hat pin embellishment.

    Thanks for joining in with our challenge.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card and I love the sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sentiment and the hat pin adds another dimension to your card. Thank you for sharing it with us at CDSunday Plus Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fancy, fun, and festive birthday card, Bonnie! This will bring a big smile to the recipient! I know you are plagued by migraines and I'm glad you were able to work through the pain to make this delightful card. Thank you very much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the sentiment although - if I am honest - for me, a Sainsbury's vanilla doughnut might just beat them.
    Lovely card.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any day os a cup cake day with me, and this is a beautifully coloured card, great sentiment
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete