Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Oh For Fox Sake!!

 


Hello and welcome.  Today is day five of Bugaboo's birthday bash, as well as the weekly Humor Me Wednesday, so we want to see you make us laugh!  My card today features the For Fox Sake image (a new one for me) that I've turned into a belated birthday card.  This image would also be great for forgotten anniversary's, belated graduations, etc but you get the hint...right?

After printing my image off onto Hammermill white card stock, I colored it using both prismacolor and copic markers before stippling stormy sky and garden green inks around it then layered.  The card is made using Stampin Up really rust as a base along with PTI's Fall Prints designer paper I've had in my stash for some time.  Once the card was assembled, I sponged some ruby red ink around the edges before adding the layered image.  After adding some twine ribbon (recycled from my husbands Christmas present), I added some epoxy letters, as well as Stampin Up's ruby red buttons.  I've had both for years and have never used them until now.  The final touches were a white gel pen for the fox's eyes, and then a 3D glaze pen for the "for fox sake" words so they would look like I had heat embossed them.  I'm really happy with how this turned out.  I still have a bit of the migraine I've been dealing with for the last couple of months.

Challenges entered:
 
  
Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope to see you during Bugaboo's birthday bash over at Catch The Bug.  Have a great day and please wear a mask!

Stamps: Bugaboo
Ink: Tim Holtz Stormy Sky, Stampin Up Garden Green, Ruby Red
Card Stock: Hammermill White, Stampin Up, PTI Fall Prints Designer Paper
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Epoxy Letters, Buttons, Glue Dots, Twine, Brads, Stipple Brushes, 3D Glaze Pen, White Gel Pen, Sponge

6 comments:

  1. A great fun card for a forgotten birthday or any other occasion that we are likely to forget. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A love the colour combination you've used and the 3 buttons finish the design off perfectly. I like the sense of humour of this card!
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully put together. Great card.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, interesting design
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and layout. It's a fun sentiment too. Thank you for making us Smile at CD Sunday Plus Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card. Great colouring and embellished beautifully.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete