Saturday, July 18, 2020

Santa In A Snowglobe




Hello and welcome.  Today starts the week long Christmas In July event over at Bugaboo Stamps blog Catch The Bug challenges which I'm guest designing for the month of July.



Before we start our event this week we would like to honor a design team member I am  sad to say we we lost just recently. I am sure many of you knew Julie through her blog and through social media.    She was such a great person and a better friend to many.


 Julie Temple has been a huge part of the Bugaboo  Family since 2011.   That is a long time and  we will miss not only her amazing talents but her kindness and willingness help in promoting Bugaboo! 



We miss you friend  and teamie and we would not be here today without you and your hard work and dedication to Bugaboo Throughout the years! 



 Julie you are gone but not forgotten and I am so thankful for knowing you!
We will be featuring a past project of Julie's each day of the event!
 
For my card today, I am using my new Snowglobe Santas Sled image.  I absolutely love snow globes!

After printing off my image I colored it using both prismacolor and copic markers before stippling some Tim Holtz broken china distress ink around the edges and then layering.  Instead of adding brads, I went and hunted for 2 days - TWO DAYS - for the snowflake sequins I knew I still had somewhere in my stash.  They would be easier to find if I used them more.  You know where I ended up finding them??  Right where they were supposed to be in the box of Christmas embellishments.  Of course it was also the last place I looked and at 4:00 in the morning too.  After adding them, I also pulled out some Making Memories poinsettia paper flowers I haven't used and added those to the bottom left corner.  For the bow, I couldn't find my cranberry ribbon, so I used a silk red bow and colored it to match using a prismacolor marker.  For my card base, I pulled out some unloved Basic Gray Figgy designer paper, added that and then added the layered image.  The final touches were ice stickles, some 3D glaze pens to highlight parts of the image, and then using a Faber-Castell black artist pen to highlight Santa's name.

Challenges entered:

Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes 
Catch The Bug Day 1 - Christmas In July Theme 
Never Before Used Schtuff #16 - Use Your NBUS 
Splitcoaststampers USEIT2020 - Use Your Stash 
Pammies Inky Pinkies #2028 - Anything Goes
Outlawz Festive Friday July 10 to July 23 - Christmas 
52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Santa 
My Time To Craft #436 - Christmas In July 
Catch The Bug July 18 - Santa's Workshop 
Merry Little Christmas - July Anything Goes
Shopping Our Stash #424 - Christmas In July 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and don't forget to enter the week long challenges  over at Catch The Bug.

Stamps: Bugaboo
Ink: Tim Holtz Broken China Distress
Card Stock: Neenah White, Stampin Up, Basic Gray Figgy Designer Paper
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Prismacolor and Copic Markers, MM Poinsettia Flowers, Glue Dots, Stipple Brush, Sequins, Ice Stickles, Bow, 3D Glaze Pens

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finding those snowflakes. They were worth the search. Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable card, Bonnie! Love the globe and Santa image. I've always just sponged ink around the edges, but I love the stippling technique you used. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, your card making troubles sound all-too-familiar to me. LOL I'm glad you found the snowflakes! I really love the effect that stippling has on your card...what tool did you use for that? Anyway, thanks for being a fabulous guest designer, and for playing along with the Day 1 CIJ challenge! :)

    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love Marie. The brush I used is one I've had for years from Toybox. Michael's used to have the same brushes in their open brush stock, but I haven't seen them at mine in a while.

      Delete
  4. J'aime aussi beaucoup les boule à neige Bonnie, ta carte est joyeuse et si festive, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card. I really like the layout you used. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a struggle to finish your card, Bonnie. But the end result is worth it. Love the backing papers too. Thanks for being our GD.
    Thanks for playing with Catch the Bug on Day 1 of the Christmas in July challenge.
    xxx Margreet DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness that snow globe is super-cool! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (xmas in july!) STASH with us this fortnight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card and glad that you finished it. So glad that you could join in the Catch the Bug Christmas in July celebration, Lisa Lynn DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card, well done with colouring. Thanks for playing at 52cct

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie Lynn: I just saw this in my Facebook newsfeed for the image's fan club group, so I recognized the snow globe immediately! Terrific card with Santa and his sleigh trapped inside the snow globe! Coloring is vibrant! Thanks for including MTTC blog's fortnight challenge in your link-ups! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely project!
    Thank you for joining in the fun in our Christmas in July at Catch the Bug!
    Hugs from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete