Sunday, July 19, 2020

I Tried

Hello and welcome.  I'm still guest designing for Bugaboo Stamps over on their challenge blog Catch The Bug.  Today is day 2 of their week long Christmas In July challenges.  Today's challenge is a sketch.



Before we start our event this week we would like to honor a design team member I am  sad to say we we lost just recently. I am sure many of you knew Julie through her blog and through social media.    She was such a great person and a better friend to many.




 Julie Temple has been a huge part of the Bugaboo  Family since 2011.   That is a long time and  we will miss not only her amazing talents but her kindness and willingness help in promoting Bugaboo! 



  We miss you friend  and teamie and we would not be here today without you and your hard work and dedication to Bugaboo Throughout the years! 



 Julie you are gone but not forgotten and I am so thankful for knowing you!


We will be featuring a past project of Julie's each day of the event!


My card today uses Bugaboo's image Stella I Tried Christmas List.  I have to say I absolutely LOVE the Stella images.  Just the right amount of snarky to make your day.  After printing off my image onto Neenah white card stock, I colored it using both prismacolor and copic markers before stippling some Tim Holtz broken china distress ink around the edges before layering. For my card, I decided to pull out a neglected K & Company Christmas Cheer designer paper pad.  Since the saying was part of my image, in place of the saying on the sketch, I added some gold enamel dots in it's place.  My only other embellishments was a burgundy bow and highlighting part of the image using Sakura 3D glaze pens.

Challenges entered:

Splitcoaststampers USEIT2020 - Use Your Forgotten Stuff 
Catch The Bug Day 2 - Christmas In July Sketch 
Sweet Stampers Challenge #46 - Christmas In July 
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #77 - July 
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas #499 - Anything Goes Christmas

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and don't forget to enter into the challenges over at Catch The Bug.  

Stamps: Bugaboo
Ink: Tim Holtz Broken China Distress
Card Stock: Neenah White, Stampin Up, K&Company Christmas Cheer DP
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Stipple Brush, Gold Enamel Dots, Bow, Glue Dots, Sakura 3D Glaze Pens.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie! This turned out really cute! I love the color in those papers! Thanks again for playing along with the challenges! :)

    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love that image and I am such a fan of Stella. Great papers and colors. Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug Day 2 of the Christmas in July Celebration, Lisa Lynn DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and cute christmas card.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stella is one of my favorites and you made a stunning card with her.
    Lovely take on the sketch. Thanks for playing with Day 2 of the CIJ event at Catch the Bug.
    xxx Margreet DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card. Love Stella and love the paper choices. Thanks for sharing over at Catch the bug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You gotta love Stella, and you've created her so well on this card, Bonnie! I love it! Thanks for joining in this week for our Christmas in July festivities at Catch the Bug. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the papers!
    Thank you for joining in the fun in our Christmas in July at Catch the Bug!
    Hugs from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a very cool card. Love it!!
    Thank you for participating in the Crafty Galore Encore Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you again at the next challenge.
    Greetings and love !!
    Claudia Martins - DT

    ReplyDelete