Monday, September 2, 2024

Steampunk Fall

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card made using this month's freebie over on the Conjurer of Dreams blog and the new Rustic Fall digital set.  Now as one who is SO DONE with summer and it's hot temps, wildfires and hot down-sloping winds, I cannot wait for cooler temps and the changing of the seasons. 

I started out by combining the digital elements in Photoshop before printing my finished image on Neenah white card stock before layering and adding copper brads then setting aside.  I then printed another image out at 5x7 size before adhering it to a white Neenah card base.  Taking some burlap ribbon I found at Dollar Tree©, I added a strip to my card base using Ranger Glossy Accents.  When that was dry, I added my layered image panel using pop dots before a few dusty Marvy and Martha Stewart punches to create a floral spray using leaves to fit the fall theme.  I then took my punched elements/snippets and rubbed then lightly over a Tim Holtz walnut stain distress ink pad using tweezers.  The final touch was adding a little copper ice stickles to the flower centers.  I'm really happy with how this turned out.

Challenges entered:
 
The Four Seasons Sept 2024 - See Inspiration Pic (inspired by the leaves, colors)
Inspiration Station Sept 2024 - See Inspiration Pic (inspired by fall trees in background, colors)
 
 
The Four Seasons
 
 Inspiration Station
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and don't forget to grab your freebie on the Conjurer of Dreams blog.


Stamps: Conjurer of Dreams
Ink: Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress
Card Stock: Neenah; Recollections
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Marvy and MS Punches, Glossy Accents, Ice Stickles, Brads, Pop Dots, Burlap Ribbon

6 comments:

  1. Love the colours on this gorgeous card!
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Autumn themed card, and the Steampunk image is very nice. Thanks for playing at The Inspiration Station Challenge and best of luck in the draw.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! WOW! WOW! This steampunk landy is absolutely splendid! Love her!🖤🖤🖤 I saw this as NBUS and had to come by to take a look. TY!!! Have an amazing week!
    Cheers, 🎨 🌈🎢✨ Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to add the orange flower accents working off the image, makes the card pop! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on loving fall, Bonnie! We were away on vacation during the last heat wave, thank goodness. Your burlap and leaves really work with this marvelous image to make a fantastic fall design! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! (Sorry to be visiting so late!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very fallish, halloween-y scene and I love it. Amazing work with digital crafting! Thanks for playing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

    ReplyDelete