Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Kissing Toads/Frogs and Roads Less Traveled

 

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a couple of cards made just because.  The last month has been really hard on me between losing my mom and a "sanfu" at my bank freezing our account.  Between both, my migraines, and nerves, have been overactive to the point of borderline nervous breakdown.  So, I decided to try assembling some fun cards I've had printed out for some time using Conjurer of Dreams images.

First up is a card using a background image that was part of a freebie set, with a purchase, a couple months ago along with the Frog Prince.  I started out by combining the background with the frog prince in Photoshop© before adding my own saying (even though he's a frog not a toad) to the combined image.  After printing it out on Neenah white card stock, I layered it, distressed the edges using my paper distresser and then added brads before adhering it to my card using pop dots.  Taking my drawer of scraps, I then punched several flowers and ferns before running the greenery through the paper crimper then adding a bit of mowed lawn to highlight them.  I then assembled my own floral sprays in the lower corners before adding a couple of additional flowers throughout the scene.  The final touches was gold ice stickles to the flower centers and crown tip before adding diamond ice stickles to the water and throughout the rest of the scene to give a "magical" appearance.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Stamps: Conjurer of Dreams
Ink: Tim Holtz Mowed Lawn
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, MS Punches, Paper Crimper, Ice Stickles, Brads, Paper Distresser, Pop Dots
 
Next up is another fun one using the same background set from May, along with one of the freebies last month in the Conjurer of Dreams Facebook Inspiration group.  I just love these little mice and their ladybug car.  Aren't they the cutest?  I started out by combining the background, and mice, in Photoshop© before adding my own saying which is a quote from one of Robert Frost's poem The Road Not Taken.  I first read the poem in high school and the last line of the poem has stuck with me ever since then.  

Once I had the image panel printed, I layered it before distressing the edge of the final layer using my paper distresser.  I then added brads and adhered it to my card base using pop up glue dots. Taking my scrap pile and punches again, I once more made my own floral sprays before adding ice stickles to the center.  The final touch was a wooden ladybug sticker I've had for a while and not used.  In fact, the glue on the ladybug was dry so I had to add some glossy accents to make it adhere and diamond ice stickles to give the background more of a "magical" appearance.  I'm really happy with how both of these cards turned out.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Conjurer of Dreams
Ink: Tim Holtz Mowed Lawn (edge of floral greenery)
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Ladybug Sticker, MS Punches, Glossy Accents, Ice Stickles, Brads, Pop Up Glue Dots, Paper Distresser

11 comments:

  1. Bonnie, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. I couldn't even imagine what that must be like, and on top of everything else. The thing and the bank must have been so stressful too. Thinks like that can be so scary during these internet times. Card making is great stress reliever. Your cards are so cute. I especially love the frog. I know a few people that I could send that too! :) I love how you've taken digital images and embellished on them. I enjoy doing that too. As guest designer this month over at Word Art Wednesday I just wanted to come over and say hi and say thanks for playing along with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to read of your loss. Your mental health is very important. I hope you are stress free soon. Both your cards are beautiful, but I was drawn to the colorful one you shared with us at Try it on Tuesday. Thanks for linking and please take care of YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please accept my deepest condolences. I pray that you will be able to cling to all the amazing memories you have with her. You were obviously blessed with a wonderful Mum. I'll be praying for you as you adjust. Hugs to you, and thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to read of your loss and resulting difficulties.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground with your sweet card with the snippet embellishments and cute ladybird 🐞

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those mice in that magical forest scene, and please accept my condolences on your heart-breaking loss.
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry for your loss.
    I love the card but I think I am of the age where the frog may run a mile.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your loss.
    Lovely makes and thanks for sharing with us at TIOT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for your loss.
    Lovely bright cards. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, you really are going through a tough time - hugs. Love your Frog/Toad entry for our challenge. The flowers you've made are great!
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry for your loss. Migraines are horrible things and I hope yours go very soon.
    Beautiful creations. I hope that you are finding crafting helpful.
    Thanks for joining us.
    Jo x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, I've never had a bank freeze happen to me, how scary. Nice cards, xoxo

    ReplyDelete