Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Woodblock Wednesday January 2024 Edition

 

 

Hello and welcome to this month's Woodblock Wednesday challenge.   My card this month is using another Thomas Kincade stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms.  I haven't used this stamp in years probably because my migraines have been so bad and there is a LOT of detail to the images.  Now, if you love deep "cut" red rubber stamps, then these stamps are not for you.  Due to all of details in his paintings, the image is, or was, pressed onto the rubber.  I tend to use the sticker image, or the book of Thomas Kincade paintings I received as a RAK, as reference to help me see what's tree, flower, snow, and so on.  Also, the medium (markers, ink, paper, pencils, watercolors, etc) you use, determines how well the detail shows.

I started out by stamping the image in memento tuxedo black on Neenah white card stock before coloring using my Castle Arts watercolor pencils with a blender pencil.  Once my image was colored and blended, I added memento tuxedo black ink directly to the sides of the "painting" before layering, adding brads then adhering it to a ballet blue card using glue dots (very important step).  I then added some Sakura Moonlight 3D pens to color the "ornaments" on the pond's Christmas tree before adding LOTS of waterfall and crystal ice stickles.  The reason for using the glue dots to adhere is because of all of the glitter glue can make the image layer "warp" if not adhered well enough.  I've found thatwhen using only mono adhesive to adhere the layer, it will not stay put.  Just saying.  I'm thinking I may make using the Thomas Kincade stamps I have my monthly Woodblock Wednesday projects since it does take time to get the coloring right and they all might finally see ink again.

Here's a side by side view:


Challenges entered:
 
Double D Jan 17 - Sparkle and Shine (used ice stickles for snow, silver brads) 
 
Inspiration Station
 
Double D Challenges
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin UP
Accessories: Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pencil, Brads, Glue Dots, 3D Moonlight Pens, Ice Stickles
 

6 comments:

  1. Bonnie Lynn, this is absolutely gorgeous! All the details are AMAZING. Thank you so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, you always rock the coloring on these and I think you use the "ambiguous" detailing to its best advantage. Stunning result! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie Lynn, your mom was evidently and awesome teacher, your card for the Inspiration Station Challenge Blog is just stunning and your coloring creates such depth. Your mom would be proud. My mom was an amazing seamstress and did beautiful crochet and knitting! We were both blessed to have creative moms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - so much fabulous detail in this stamp and how wonderfully you have coloured it. I think that deserves to be framed and admired. Thanks for sharing with us at CCC

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card! You did an amazing job coloring this and "painting the light". Simply gorgeous! Thanks so much for linking up to the Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project! You did a great job coloring an image with so much detail! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, DT

    ReplyDelete