Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Celebrate The New Year

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a card I made using the New Year Countdown digital set from Jan's Digital Stamps.  Now, if you're not a newsletter subscriber of theirs, then you may not know that Jan will be closing the shop at the end of April 2024.  She is, however, keeping the Etsy shop open for now. 
 
Since I've been dealing with an end of year migraine that's carried over to 2024, I decided to go with one of the pre-colored images in the digital set so it would be less "wear and tear" on my eyes.  

After I printed the colored image out on Neenah white card stock, I layered it and added pewter brads (I dug out of my stash)before running a fingernail along the edges of the black layer before setting aside.  I then stamped in memento tuxedo black the word CELEBRATE from a long retired Stampin Up set called Wonderful Words repeatedly to create my background.  After adding it to a black card, I added my layered image using glue dots before adding some dew drops along the bottom.  The final touch was adding crystal ice stickles to some of the confetti to add a little sparkle.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out,

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.
 
Stamps: Jan's Digital Stamps; Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Brads, Dew Drops, Glue, Glue Dots, Ice Stickles
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Bonnie Lynn!! You are the winner from my blog for the Word Art Wednesday Blog Hop! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card, you did good despite the migraine. Yup, gonna miss Jan's. She and Beccy are often my go-to images when I can't color. I'm also trying to acquire more Polkadoodles as they have colored images. But you know, I could just use my folder of saved Free Dearie Dolls images for the rest of time and go nowhere else, lol. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whow such a great card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Sheepski Designs Challenge.
    Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your carry-over migraine is gone by now, Bonnie. All these weather changes don't help. I love the fun Happy New Year card you made with all the layers, details, and schparkly bling! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete