Thursday, February 1, 2024

The Rose Quartz Castle


 
 
Once upon a time there lived a princess in a rose quartz castle after moving out of her evil step-mother's house......

Hello and welcome.  I'm guest designing over at Park Hopping My Happy Place challenges this month and the theme is Let's Celebrate.  Be inspired by the castle's pictured or you can use any other theme park related inspiration.  For my card, I chose to go be inspired by ALL of  the Disney© theme park castle and dug out an Impression Obsession digital stamp called Castle With Swing (NBUS).  It's part of their Gary Robertson line of digital images so if you haven't tried their digital stamps, you really should.  The detail is amazing! 

After I printed it onto Neenah white card stock, I pulled out my Castle Arts watercolor pencils and got to coloring.  Now with the way my migraines have been lately, this did take me about two weeks to color.  Once the coloring was finished, I layered it, added silver mini brads and then distressed the edges of the layered panel using my Tim Holtz paper distresser then set aside.  I then pulled out my MFT brick wall stencil, paper pouncers and mowed lawn distress ink to create the card's background.  I then adhered my layered image using pop up glue dots for a little dimension.  The final touch was crystal ice stickles highlighting the water, crown and purple mushroom.  I'm really happy with how this turned out.  I hope you can join us at Park Hopping My Happy Place for this month's challenge.

Challenges entered:
 
Double D Jan 17 - Sparkle and Shine (used ice stickles on water, crown, mushrooms) 
Cupcake Inspirations #586 - Fairy Tales (inspired by Cinderella's castle)
Digi Choosday Wk 4 - Anything Goes Digital (image from Impression Obsession)



 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Tim Holtz Mowed Lawn Distress
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Castle Arts Watercolor pencils, Blender Pencil, Brads, Distressing Tool, Pop Up Glue Dots, Paper Pouncer, MFT Brick Wall Stencil, Ice Stickles

5 comments:

  1. Sweet fantasy/fairy tale card. Very creative and detailed. Thanks for sharing with the Double D, "Sparkle and/or Shine" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's go live there, Bonnie! I'll bet no one ever has migraines there and we can take turns pushing each other on the swing! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big congrats on your guest design gig, Bonnie. I love this, I forget about the IO digitals I have. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - you've created a perfect scene.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous scene you created. Your coloring is amazing. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete