Tuesday, January 30, 2024

A Raven and Christmas

 Hello and welcome.  Second post today.  If you're looking for my Tire Swing post, please scroll down one.

I'd like to share a couple of cards I had started a couple weeks ago, and easy ones at that, but I just didn't get them done before now thanks to my migraines.  The first card uses a freebie image from Gecko Galz for their monthly goth challenge.  After printing, and layering it, I dug out some long forgotten brushed pewter brads and added those,  I then took a Cuttlebug spiderweb embossing folder and dry embossed the card base before lightly stippling Tim Holtz picket fence and chipped sapphire distress inks using my paper pouncers.  Digging through my flower stash, I found a couple of silk navy flowers, added those to the card using glue dots, and then stamped, punched and popped up my saying.  I then used a black Sakura 3D glaze pen to make the saying stand out a bit more.
 
Challenges entered:
 
Inspiration Station Jan 2024 - See Inspiration Pic (inspired by the night and colors)
Park Hopping My Happy Place Jan 2024 - Anything Goes Theme Park Optional The Secret Life Of Pets (I went with inspiration from Disneyland's Haunted Mansion ride)
 
My second card also uses a freebie image from Gecko Galz for their January Christmas challengeUnfortunately, I didn't get this one finished in time to for the challenge thanks my migraines.  I kept this card extremely simple and layered the pre-colored image before adding brushed copper brads before adhering it to the burgundy card base.  I then pulled out a long retired Stampin Up Wonderful Words set and stamped the celebrate underneath the image.  For the final touch, I added some diamond ice stickles to the snowflake centers on the pre-colored image.  

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Raven Card:
Stamps: Gecko Galz; Stampin Up
Ink: Tim Holtz Chipped Sapphire, Picket Fence Distress
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Big Shot, Oval Punches, Brads, Glue Dots, Spiderweb Embossing Folder, 3D Glaze Pen, Silk Flowers, Glue Dots, Gunmetal Ice Stickles, Paper Pouncers.

Christmas Scene Card:
Stamps: Gecko Galz; Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Brads, Glue Dots, Diamond Ice Stickles
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Those diamond ice stickles really finished off your card!! Way to go shopping your stash!! So glad you joined the fun and played along with us over at Shopping Our Stash...you rocked our "winter wonderland" challenge with your dreamy winter scene!! Deb Horst, DT #SOS514

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Bonnie, if this is a duplicate, please forgive. I thought I commented. The image on your card is awesome. Gecko Gatz has the best pre-colored images. You gave this one a fabulous presentation! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete