Monday, January 22, 2024

Love and John 3:16

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a one-layer, non-traditional, card with you I've made for my husband for Valentine's Day using one of Sweet N Sassy Stamps digital images and a long retired Stampin Up sayings set.   Using this image is very important for my husband's card since we met at my church's Valentine's dinner put on by the youth group.  My, now, hubby was my blind date set up by his best friend (the youth pastor at the time) and my mother (yup my mother).  We've been married for 33yrs now.

I started out by printing the John 3:16 Bible image on Neenah white card stock before coloring using my Castle Arts colored pencil set.  Once I was finished coloring, I stamped the "love" from Stampin Up's retired Wonderful Words set in memento tuxedo black ink.  I then stippled some Tim Holtz tattered rose distress ink using my paper pouncers before adding Stampin Up regal rose ink around the edges using my blending brushes.  After highlighting the lily stamen stems using a yellow Sakura Moonlight 3D gel pen, I decided the card was finished.

Challenges entered:
 
Sweet N Sassy Stamps January VIP Facebook Challenge - Love (Valentine card using God's perfect love as inspiration)
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Sweet N Sassy; Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Tattered Rose; Stampin Up Regal Rose
Card Stock: Neenah White
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Castle Arts Pencils, Sakura 3D Moonlight Gel Pen, Paper Pouncers, Blending Brushes

4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely Valentine's Day for your husband, I'm certain he will treasure it. I love the verse as well. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of that's such a sweet card and even sweeter story! I got a lil verklempt reading it. I know he will love it, my friend. We are fixing to warm up and February will be a wet one for us both, so stay high and dry, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful idea. I like the book-motif. Thanks for joining us at S+F=C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet story and card! I also met my husband at church. :) Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete