Tuesday, November 1, 2022

The Best Thing To Hold

 
Hello and welcome.  I am thrilled to be guest designing this month over on the Never Before Used Schtuff (NBUS) challenge blog.  The idea of the challenge is to use all the fun stamps, dies, supplies, washi tape, etc that we have bought and just have not used.  So dig into that stash, and let's get into those supplies and pull out the schtuff we just had to have and use it!

My card for this month's challenge uses a digital stamp (Pooh Cards 1 Classic), and matching digital paper (Bee Classic Pooh), from Dina Kowal Digital.  Now the weather in California has finally decided to get with the program and let Fall be fall and not just a summer hangover.  Now if we could only get some desperately needed rain.  So, I let our freaky California weather help inspire my card.

After printing the image,  on to Hammermill white paper before pulling out my dusty, and rarely used, watercolor pencils and got to coloring.  After blending the colors using an alcohol marker, I took my Picket Fence Studios Slim Line Cloud stencil and blending brushes and go to making the image background using Tim Holtz stormy sky distress ink.  Once my clouds were finished, I took those unloved watercolor pencils and created a rainstorm to go with my blustery day before layering and adding some ruby red brads then adhering the layered image to a ruby red card base with the Bee Classic Pooh digital paper on it.  I then sponged some ruby red ink around the edges of the card before lightly dabbing some of the leftover ink into the lower left corner of the image panel.  Taking a small scrap of the digital paper, I fussy cut, yes fussy cut, three of the honey jars out then adhered them to the image panel before highlighting the honey overflow using a Sakura clear 3D glaze pen.  The final embellishment was crystal ice stickles as raindrops.  I'm really happy with how this turned out, especially since I made it while dealing with a bit of a migraine.

Challenges entered:
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a fabulous week.

Stamps: Dina Kowal Digital
Ink: Tim Holtz Stormy Sky; Stampin Up Ruby Red
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Marker, Brads, PFS Slim Line Cloud Stencil, Sponge, Ice Stickles, 3D Glaze Pen, Bearly Arts Glue

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your GDT post. You’ll have fun this month, I certainly did! Love your Winnie the Pooh card. The weather here today is just like that with the addition of rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being my Guest Designer this month, Bonnie! Your Pooh card is great and has a wonderful message and, yes, it does reflect the whims of Mother Nature. (If we're really quiet today and pretend to ignore it, she might even give us a wee bit of rain!🤞) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie, I sure enjoyed reading your inspiring bio and I feel so happy that you're GD this month! Your husband being your greatest enabler is true for me too, their support is wonderful, isn't it, especially on the not feeling good days. Your Pooh card is sweet as can be, and the sentiment could not be more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie,
    This is such a Gorgeous card, love your colouring with beautiful texture and details. Makes me happy .
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so sweet and well done, Bonnie! I just love how you colored everything and the patterned paper and matching honey pots on the focal tie it all together. Hope that weather continues to cooperate! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Pooh and Piglet so cute!
    Thank you for joining in at Festive Fridays Challenge
    Val - DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have had a lot of very windy weather here too lately. You have made such a lovely Winnie the Pooh card. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am such a Pooh and Piglet fan! This card is so sweet and wonderfully done! Thanks for playing at The Outlawz Festive Fridays! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card has just melted my heart!! What a gorgeous image teamed with an equally gorgeous sentiment. Beautifully done.
    I have a 'big' soft spot for Winnie the Pooh. We decorated my youngest daughter's bedroom with vinyl wall stickers when she was very young. I can't bear to throw the stickers away - and she'll be 22 this month!!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Winnie the Pooh card, gorgeous image and just like the weather we are having very windy and as I write this its pouring with rain, wish I could send you some
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cloud background is great and the black streaks really help to make it a stormy scene.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your guest spot at NBUS with this fantastic card.I lover the image and so beautifully coloured such a great scene and a truly beautiful and true sentiment.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete