Thursday, November 10, 2022

Happy Christmas Mate & Some Musings


Hello and welcome.  Well California is finally getting some rain and snow in the mountains.  How long this lasts only God knows. Don't get me wrong.  I LOVE rain especially since we need it so badly.  With that in mind, things have been a bit "rough" here the last few days for me physically and mentally.  Had to get an appointment with my primary to follow-up on the back and start to deal with mental issues.  Lately I've been feeling like I'm going to jump out of my skin and I just can't control feeling like that.  So, long story short, we're trying a few things to see if they help.  Please keep your fingers crossed the new meds work.  I'm digressing though and you're here to see the card I made for a lovely young lady in Australia whom I had sent a birthday card a couple of months back as part of a RAK request.  Once I had sent her birthday card, I thought Elysha would like one at Christmas too so I borrowed the retired Happy Christmas Mate set from Stampin Up a friend of mine had.

I started out by stamping the Santa image in Memento tuxedo black ink onto scrap white card stock then colored it using both prismacolor and copic markers.  Once the coloring was finished, I layered it and added some faux brads before setting aside.  I then took a scrap panel of card stock, dry embossed it using a Cuttlebug swirls embossing folder and my big shot, before stippling Tim Holtz broken china distress ink over the embossed images before adding that to a blue card base.  I then added my layered image panel using glue dots.  As an afterthought, I highlighted the surfing Santa using Castle Arts glitter gel pens and added a few sequins from my stash.  To the inside of the card, I added a few more stamped/colored images from the same Happy Christmas Mate set along with sayings from my dusty Sunny Seasons Greetings set (retired).

Inside of card

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Broken China, Tumbled Glass
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, PFS Blending Brushes, PFS Sequins, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Gel Pens, Small Hole Punch, Bearly Arts Glue, Sanding Block
 

4 comments:

  1. Great card - really made me smile!

    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie! Happy Sunday to you. What a cool image you've beautifully colored for your Down Under RAK friend. It made a great card and nice inside as well. You are always prayed for in Texas, my friend. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant card Bonnie! Thanks for sharing with us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge! Hope to see you in the gallery again soon,
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great image on this fun Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete