Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Thank You Wood Block Flowers

 

Hello and welcome.  Today I'm participating in Woodblock Wednesdays a just for fun new challenge over on Instagram started by Amy Tsuruta (@craftee1).  Every Wednesday pull out those wood block stamps we all have and lets show them some love.  Everything on my card is made using several different wood block sets or singles.
 
I started out by stamping my main image using Hero Arts Garden Flowers Sketch I received from a friend by stamping it in memento tuxedo black ink then coloring using Stampin Up Watercolor Pencils with a blender marker.  Once the coloring was finished, I stamped the background to my image panel using Hero Arts Screened Solids stamp (I've had for years and used maybe once or twice) and Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink over my water-colored image before stamping Hero Arts Background Fancy Notes solid stamps in Tim Holtz tattered rose distress ink again over the water-colored image.  Once all of the coloring of my main image was finished, I layered it and added some small white brads.  The card background is stamped using a retired Stampin Up dots/flowers background that I cannot find the name of.  I then stamped my saying from Stampin Up's Wonderful Words in memento tuxedo black.  For the finishing touches, I added some crystal ice stickles and sponged some orchid opulence ink around the edges.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Never Before Used Schtuff (NBUS) #44 - Use Your NBUS (main image, fancy notes stamps, card base background)
Splitcoaststampers USEIT2022 - Use Your Unloved Stash (saying, tumbled glass shadow stamp)
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Hero Arts; Stampin Up!
Ink: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Tattered Rose; Stampin Up Orchid Opulence: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: SU Watercolor Pencils, Blender Marker, Brads, Glue Dots, Crystal Ice Stickles, Sponge


3 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! so pretty Bonnie!!!! So happy you played along today! I hope you'll join me for the Wednesday, December 7th #woodblockwednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on this, Bonnie. You chose great colors, too. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, Bonnie Lynn. I love purple and lavender so I fell in love with this. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete