Thursday, July 28, 2022

Life Sure Is Trouble And More

The last couple days have not been good days for me health wise, mentally and physically.  Although, I'm trying to focus on something else to keep from panicking, but I'm having a hard time with it.  Let's just say LIFE is not being kind right now.  So with that in mind, I'm still trying to color when I can and turn those colored panels into cards when I can.  

My first card to share is uses an image designed by SimplyBStamps (now closed), but sold on A &M Memories (now closed) called Toil and Trouble.  After printing it onto Neenah white card stock, I colored it using Prismacolor and Copic markers, as well as Castle Arts pencils, before stippling using Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade and Dusty Concord distress inks.  Once my coloring was finished, I layered it and added some orange brads I've had in my stash for years before adding to an orange card base with scrap Basic Grey designer paper I originally bought at Michael's who knows how long ago.  The final embellishments were a punched black bat, googlie eyes and some Ranger Glossy Accents highlighting the "jar of eyeballs".

Challenges entered:
 
 

 

 
Stamps: SimplyB Stamps (closed)
Ink: Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade, Dusty Concord Distress Inks
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up; Scrap Designer Paper
Accessories: Computer, Printer, SU Bat Punch, Brads, Pop Dots, Googlie Eyes, Ranger Glossy Accents, PFS Blending Brushes

My second card is made using a retired red rubber image from Impression Obsession called Classic Truck I got when Impression Obsession closed out their red rubber stamps.  I colored this one while my husband was watching the news the other night using both Lyra and Castle Arts pencils before layering and adding it to a navy card base.  I kept embellishments at a minimum just using brads, copper cord and a clear Sakura 3D glaze pen.  As an afterthought, I lightly stippled Tim Holtz forest moss and dusty concord distress inks around the edges.

Challenges entered:
 
 

 
 
Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Dusty Concord, Forest Moss Distress Inks
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Lyra and Castle Arts Pencils, Copper Cord, Brads, Pop Dots, Sakura 3D Clear Glaze Pen

My final card is a Christmas one using a couple of clear stamp sets I picked up from The Cat's Pajamas last year when the discontinued their clear stamp lines and went with digital ones only.  I started out by stamping my snowmen onto some scrap white card stock before coloring and layering onto scraps as well.  I then stamped my saying onto scrap white card stock, layered, and set aside.  I then made my shaker using a scrap panel of pacific pointe card and scrap designer paper I've had for years before assembling my shaker panel.  Taking a clear envie, I added the panel and my shaker elements before sealing and adding to a pacific pointe card.  Note to self: don't have so many layers inside your shaker window.  Since this was my first time making a shaker, I figured lesson learned.

Challenges entered:
 
 

 

 Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass
Card Stock: Stampin Up; Scraps Including Designer Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, PFS Blending Brush, Cello Envelope, SU Ballet Blue Marker, Sequins
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

13 comments:

  1. All the cards are fantastic!! Thank you for joining our challenges at Double D and at Two Old Bats!
    Diane DD Co-Owner and TOB (one of the old Bats herself)
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely festive snowmen card made with your snippets Bonnie.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Sorry you've not felt so good and that life has thrown you a curve ball or two. Perhaps a cocktail or two up in the Snippets Playground bar will help? Couldn't hurt to try! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card Bonnie! Really sorry to hear things aren't too good for you right now. Sadly many of us are in the same boat. I wish you peace and better health .

    Love

    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun "trouble" card! Love the image! Thank you for sharing with us at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colouring is brilliant Bonnie! I especially love that Ute - it really pops off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you healing prayers and hugs. I hope you start to feel better soon. Great work on your card and Thanks for sharing with us at the Colour Crazy Challenge!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, all three! What a great use of the colors on the Double D entry. So glad you linked up with us. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun Halloween card, Bonnie and I love the colours you chose. Hope life is a bit brighter by now..
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all your entries and inspiration in the NBUS gallery this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab cards - love those snowmen!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Christmas Kickstart!
    Helen x (Guest Elf)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job, and nice coloring! Thanks for playing our challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Have a great day!

    Leanne DT Member/KCC

    ReplyDelete
  12. All three cards are terrific, Bonnie! The coloring is great... especially LOVE the pickup!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute cards!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner.

    ~Tonya DT

    ReplyDelete