Thursday, July 7, 2022

Summer Vibes

 Hello and welcome.  Today I have a few cards to share that I colored while my husband was watching the news.  Lately I've taken to coloring more, even with migraines, just to try and keep my sanity from local, national and world news events plus my ongoing health issues.  

First up, I have a cute little retired House Mouse Happy Hoppers bunny that's soaking up some "rays".  He's stamped in memento tuxedo black and colored using both Lyra and Castle Arts pencils before stamping the saying from a retired Stampin Up seasons set then layered and added some silver brads.  After distressing the edges of the layered panel, I added it to my card base before lightly stippling some leftover walnut stain ink still on my brush from another project.  My final touches were some silk flowers and yellow ice stickles to highlight the "rays".

Challenges entered:
 
 
My second card is made using a digital image from Impression Obsession called Beach Chair.  I kept this card very clean and simple using only the digital image colored using copic markers.  I didn't add any embellishments because I wanted the focus being the image itself.

Challenges entered:
 
 
My third card uses another digital image from Impression Obsession called simply Boy Fishing.  It's inspired by a past Free For All 643, Songs of Summer, challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.  After printing this off onto Neenah white card stock, I colored it using both Lyra and Castle Arts pencils before blending Tim Holtz walnut stain and broken china distress inks around my colored image.  Only I had it layered, I distressed the edges of the bottom layer before adding brads and adhering it to my card base using pop up glue dots.  I then added a small amount of crystal ice stickles to highlight parts of the water.  I just love how this young man has his school books with him but does appear to be skipping school for fishing.

Challenges entered:


Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great rest of your day and weekend.

House Mouse Bunny
Stamps: Stampendous
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Walnut Stain
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Lyra and Castle Arts Pencils, Brads, Distressing tool, Silk Flowers, Pop  Up Glue Dots, Yellow Ice Stickles

Beach Chair
Stamps: Impression Obsession
Card Stock: Hammermill White
Accessories: Copic Markers

Boy Fishing
Stamps: Impression Obsession
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Lyra and Castle Arts Pencils, PFS Blending Brush; Brads, Pop Up Glue Dots, Distressing Tool, Ice Stickles
 

14 comments:

  1. At first I thought, what a strange mouse illustration, but I suppose if I still cared about getting a tan, that would be more comfortable than sweating outside in this heat, lol. I love the IO digis, have several, but did they stop their challenge? It's been 2 years since I quit playing in it, they required you to use an IO product (ok) and then be able to link it to the store (not ok, as I have and still use retired products). Some challenges are too picky for their own good. If I had wanted to help them sell product, I'd try out for their design team, right? Happy coloring and weekend, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house mouse stamped card is so beautifully colored. It is a unique stamp and I love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgrous cards Bonnie Lynn :-) all 3 are gabulous and I especially love the bunny one, very cute and fabulous coloring!

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card of that boy fishing... thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles xx Martine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your two digital makes are beautifully coloured.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy Fishing is the perfect image for our SUMMER challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Fantastic coloring of this image!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your house mouse card, lovely summer cards, lovely summer colouring, I could just sit in the chair and fall asleep
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. The House Mouse card is so cute! I love the silk flower you added. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three lovely cards and all so different. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three cards are perfect examples of summertime. However, the rabbit under the sunlamp is absolutely adorable and my favorite. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun HM card, love he is getting as much sun as possible, your other cards are gorgeous too. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Critter Crazy Challenge this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Bonnie Lynn, what a wonderful selection of cards you've made there. All so perfect in their own styles! Thanks for joining in with us this time at Colour Crazy Craft Challenges, hope to see you again! Sarah - DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable cute hopper image super colouring great card thanks for sharing with us at HMFMC
    Mousey hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love this sweet card- and the image too! Your coloring (all three cards) is fabulous! Beautifully created!

    ReplyDelete