Saturday, July 2, 2022

Scallop Lighthouse

 Hello and welcome.  Second post from me today.  I'm having health issues from long haul COVID-19 including trouble sleeping.  So...to fill my time and not cry, I've been trying to color digital images I had printed out and never used (NBUS).  I mean, it's either color or cry and crying really hurts my chronic migraines right now.  Yes, I'm a mess and not a hot one either. :(  Besides, it's a great way to start motoring through all of the never before used (NBUS) stamps I have.

My image is a digital Gary Robertson one, called Scallop Lighthouse #1123 from Impression Obsession and is printed on Neenah white card stock and colored using Castle Arts pencils and a blender pencil.  Once my coloring was all finished, I blended/stippled some Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink around my shell before layering and adding some rose colored brads.  For my card, I dry embossed it using a Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls and then stippled regal rose ink over the raised images before adding a strip of K&Co wave washi tape I've had for at least 7+years.  Once all of that was finished, I added my layered panel using pop up glue dots before highlighting the shell using a Sakura 3D clear glaze pen.

Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers WT903 - On The Water (lighthouse, duck, scallop shell)
Double D Challenges - Beach Time (inspired by theme, colors, ocean waves)
 
Double D Challenges

 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great weekend.

Stamps:  Impression Obsession
Ink: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass Distress; Stampin Up Regal Rose
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Twine, Brads, Washi Tape, Pop Up Glue Dots, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Brads, PFS Blending Brush, Castle Arts Pencils, Sakura 3D Glaze Pen

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous design Bonnie! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Beach Time’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card, I really like your design. Lots of wonderful work here, and a great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, hope to see you back again soon. I'm so sorry you are struggling with Covid, hope you feel better!
    Judy~ DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your coloring, Bonnie. Wonderful card. Hope you feel much better soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lovely seaside image, hope you are soon feeling better, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you are not feeling well, Bonnie, but glad you are putting your downtime to good use. Another fantastic job of coloring and another masculine card! Thanks for sharing at NBUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing your card at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Christin

    ReplyDelete