Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Recycled Brush Holder


 Hello and welcome.  Today I have a quick, and easy, project to share using a recycled tin can, some stickers, paper flowers and a long retired Stampin Up jumbo wheel. 

I started out by rinsing out a can of garbanzo beans/chickpeas and letting it dry thoroughly.  Taking a long piece of scrap Neenah white card stock, I inked up the dry brush jumbo wheel using my Tim Holtz walnut stain distress ink pad by rolling the wheel across the pad several times.  Once I had the whole scrap covered, I adhered it to the can using 5/8 x 27 in Scor-Tape.  Digging into my stash of stickers and such, I pulled out a strip of ivy and bee stickers I've had for who knows how long, and an old package of Making Memories purple paper flowers.  I started out by adhering the flowers using glue dots before adhering the ivy and bee stickers.  The final touch was adding some crystal ice stickles to the flower centers.  I'm really happy with how this "can" turned out especially since I've been dealing with a nasty migraine from the weather we've had here lately (and still have).   One less "thing" going into a landfill or the ocean.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Stampin Up
Ink: Tim Holtz Walnut Stain
Card Stock: Neenah Scrap
Accessories: Tin Can, Scor-Tape, Stickers, Paper Flowers, Ice Stickles, Glue Dots
 

1 comment:

  1. That's gorgeous, Bonnie Lynn! Love how you did it up. Hope your migraines aren't too bad. And thank you, I received a huge package of mail today and your pretty 2024 card was in it. Love the glittery shine on the year. Houston is in the middle of a USPS crisis. They changed processing center places and the equipment would not fit in through the door and other problems, so their response has been to just let the pkgs and mail pile up but not tell anyone and blame it on weather interrupts, since December. Finally got a few Congressmen on it and it's slowly getting delivered but I feel sorry for the elderly and others who have to get their meds by mail and haven't been. One woman bought her wedding dress online in October and had to get married in jeans because she still has not received it. And on and on. And the Congressmen only got involved cuz they were worried about vote by mail primary in March. We are slowly coming apart, Bonnie. God help us all, xoxo

    ReplyDelete