Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Woodblock Wednesday November 2023 Edition

 

 
Hello and welcome to November's edition of Woodblock Wednesday where we're pulling out, dusting off and showing our woodblock stamps some love.  The stamp I've chosen to use this month is an old factory second stamp I had received from a friend that was manufactured by Embossing Arts Company that unfortunately closed several years ago.  

I started out by stamping the image in memento tuxedo black ink on Neenah white cardstock before coloring it using my Castle Arts watercolor pencils and a blending alcohol marker.  Once I was done coloring, I lightly blended some Tim Holtz chipped sapphire and dusty concord distress inks using the paper pouncers I received as a birthday gift.  I then layered the main image, added brads before distressing the edges just a little.  Once my image was adhered to the card, I added some silver dew drops and ice stickles to highlight the moon and parts of the lake.  Here's a close up of my card:




Challenges entered:
 

 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Embossing Arts Company
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Chipped Sapphire, Dusty Concord Distress Ink
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Castle Arts Watercolor Pencils, Blender Marker, Dew Drops, Glue, Glue Dots, Brads, Distressing Tool, Ice Stickles, Paper Pouncers


3 comments:

  1. Bonnie thanks for sharing in my facebook group, I am now following you here and hope you do the same for me.. fabulous card and stamping x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a serene scene, beautifully colored. And a very wise sentiment, too. Hope your week is going well. We are hunkering down for a bad storm day tomorrow, I really hope it's more hype than reality, but hey, we have our generator now. Just hoping the cable and internet stay on, lol. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous stamp. I love all the coloring on this! Thanks so much for joining in the fun this month!

    ReplyDelete