Monday, November 20, 2023

Run Up To Christmas 2023 Week 8

 

 

Hello and welcome to week 8 of the #runuptochristmashop2023 and this week we're being inspired to Make A Scene.  Now I love scenic stamping so this challenge is "right up my alley" so to speak and I knew the stamp set I wanted to use.  I just received this Snow Village set by Impression Obsession from a friend that's been on my wish list for some time now.  I decided to use my church in Anchorage, Alaska as inspiration for my scene.

I started out by stamping the village in memento tuxedo black ink on a slimline scrap panel before coloring using both prismacolor and copic markers.  Once my coloring was finished, I pulled out my Slimline Cloud stencil from Picket Fence Studios and created my cloud background using Tim Holtz stormy sky distress ink and blending brushes.  At this point, I decided I needed some more trees and a couple of snowmen, so I stamped those on scrap white card stock, colored using gel pens, then cut out to adhered to my card.  After stamping my saying from Colorado Craft Company's Bethlehem's Light, I then adhered the image panel to a spruce green card before adding the clay snowflakes from  plum pudding sequin mix and diamond ice stickles because snow just had to sparkle.

Challenges entered:
 
Peace On Earth Christmas #52 - See Inspiration Board (used colors, trees, snow as inspiration)

 
 
Peace On Earth

 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great dayFor my followers in the United States, have a Happy and safe Thanksgiving.
 
Stamps: Impression Obsession; Colorado Craft Company
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Pine Needles, Stormy Sky Distress Inks
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Sequins, Glue, Ice Stickles, Cloud Stencil, Blending Brush, Gel Pens

3 comments:

  1. That's a very lovely village scene, Bonnie. Colorful and inspiring, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty little winter wonderland village!! I am loving that slimline cloud stencil!! Thank you for playing along with our "Winter Scene" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! -Deb Horst, DT #C4G335

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, and the church scene is beautifully colored. You all got really hammered with snow in a short period of time, so I hope you are safe and warm. My step-daughter lives in Anchorage, and I am sure she'd agree that your card is fabulous as well! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue - DT

    ReplyDelete