Monday, November 13, 2023

Run Up To Christmas 2023 Week 7

 
 
Hello and welcome to week 7 of the #runuptochristmashop2023 hosted by @love_smile_and_craft and @kellys.craft. We are going to make a card each week for 12 weeks until Christmas.  This week's theme is Ornaments or Tags. Since I've been dealing with migraines again, and just not plain feeling well from an infection, I went with ornaments on a card.  I've had this Enchanted Branches Nativity - Baby Jesus digital set from Power Poppy for awhile and hadn't used yet, I decided to finally use it.

I started out by combining the three ornament image, and a saying, in Photoshop before printing it out onto Neenah white card stock then colored it using Castle Arts pencils. Once the coloring was finished, I lightly stippled Tim Holtz tumbled glass and mowed lawn distress inks using blending brushes and the paper pouncers I had received as a gift.  I then highlighted part of Jesus' halo using yellow ice stickles to finish my card off.  I'm really please with how it turned out.  I think keeping my card fairly plain and simple worked well for this theme.

Challenges entered:

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Power Poppy
Ink: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Mowed Lawn
Card Stock: Neenah White
Accessories: Castle Arts Pencils, Computer, Printer, Paper Pouncers, Blending Brushes, Ice Stickles

6 comments:

  1. Lovely 'ornaments' for a Christmas card.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colouring on these beautiful images, a great card.
    I hope you feel much better very soon.
    Jo x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to read that you are poorly so wish you a speedy recovery. Thank you for sharing your card with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, a simple layout keeps the eye on your beautifully colored ornaments. Yay for Photoshop, eh? I could not do with it myself. Prayers for those migraines to lessen and that infection to clear up, my friend, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon.
    This is a lovely design. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turned out great, especially with you not feeling well. Love how you used the Distressed products for your background. Thanks for joining us on Jan's Digital Challenge. Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete