Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Summer Collaberation On The Beach

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a card I made for a summer themed collaboration
with a few stampers on Instagram, so I pulled out a stamp set/die combo I won a few months back from Picket Fence Studios. Since California has "finally" turned on the furnace and the weather is roasting everyone to be well done, I'm dreaming of the beach and cool ocean breezes.

I started out by die cutting the background beach, and water, using the Scene Building Seashore Cover Plate before coloring the die cut pieces using my blending brushes and Tim Holtz walnut stain, tumbled glass, chipped sapphire and tea dye distress inks.  Once my "coloring" for the sand/waves was finished, I stamped all the images/saying I wanted from the Summer Beach Friends Dear in memento tuxedo black ink onto scrap white card stock before coloring using both prismacolor and copic markers before die cutting.  After adding some pop dots to my die cut images, I arranged them on my card before finishing it off with some crystal ice stickles to the "water line" and a black 3D glaze pen to the crab eyes.  I'm really happy with how this turned out.

Challenges entered:
 
 
 The Four Seasons

 
 A Place To Start
 
 Hand Stamped Sentiments
 
Inspiration Station
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!

Stamps: Picket Fence Studios
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Tea Dye, Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks; Adirondack Caramel
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up!
Accessories: Big Shot, PFS Seashore Cover Plate, Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Ice Stickles, Pop Dots, PFS Blending Brushes

4 comments:

  1. What great beach-y elements you have here! Love your shoreline - those water waves are brilliant! Such fun characters, too - I like the crabs best, I think! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool scene die and I love how you've used it. I'm feeling a bit cooler just looking at it, lol. Hope you stay cool and comfortable, XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card - what I wouldn't give to dip my toes in that water - thanks for sharing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable scene card! I love how happy and fun this card is. It really used the inspiration board pefectly! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

    ReplyDelete