Thursday, July 27, 2023

Psalm 31:25

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card I made for a friend undergoing cancer treatment.  I won this set from Impression Obsession a while back and finally got inspired to use it.  The set is called Hope and the images are just beautiful.
 
I started out by stamping the girl with head scarf image in memento tuxedo black ink onto some scrap Copic X-press It card stock twice (once to be able to pop up) then colored both images using Copic markers before fussy cutting the second one out setting it aside to pop up later.  I then lightly stippled some Tim Holtz milled lavender distress ink around it using blending brushes from blending brushes from Picket Fence Studios before layering and adding some purple button brads from my stash.  I then took two more images from the Hope set and stamped the card base using Tim Holtz dusty concord distress ink alternating the images.  After popping up the layered image panel using some pop dots, I added the image I had fussy cut popping it up using some pop dots as well.  The final embellishments are some "orchid pink" sequins I found in my stash (no idea how long I've had them) and some Crafty Meraki midnight shimmer illusion gems onto the head scarf.  Inside I stamped the following saying from the Hope set: "You're much stronger than you think".  I'm really happy with how this turned out especially since I made it with another migraine.

Challenges entered:
 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Dusty Concord, Milled Lavender Distress Ink
Card Stock: Copic X-Press It; Stampin Up
Accessories: Copic Markers, Crafty Meraki Midnight Illusion Gems, Glue, Pop Dots, Sequins, Brads, PFS Blending Brushes
 

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! It can be displayed anytime anywhere, well done! Feel better! xoxo

    ReplyDelete