Tuesday, July 18, 2023

A Little Retro Beachfront Lighthouse

 
Hello and welcome.  I am thrilled to be guest designing for the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog for this week's challenge which is a tic-tac-toe challenge. (see below graphic)  For my project, I went with the pens/pencils, beach (mine has a lighthouse) and stencil (background clouds).


For my project, I did a late Father's Day/Birthday gift to my husband and used a Lighthouse Scene stamp from Hero Arts that I bought back in 1996 or 1998 (copyright info too small for my migraine) when I first started stamping.  My husband has been asking for me to make another project using this stamp for years now and I finally got it done.  It's amazing to see how my coloring skills have improved from way back when.  I had given him a framed lighthouse as a birthday present years ago and colored it using Crayola pencils.  This new one is colored using Castle Arts pencils and I'm amazed at the difference in my shading from then to now.  Behind my lighthouse I used a slimline cloud stencil from Picket Fence Studios along with Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink using blending brushes also from Picket Fence.  Below is the side by side view.


And then with the stamp:

I'd also like to enter this into the following challenges.
 
Challenges entered:
 
The Four Seasons July 2023 - See Mood Board (went with beach/ocean theme)
 
The Four Seasons
 
613 Ave Create
 
A Place To Start
 
Stay Crafty With A Blog Named Hero
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and don't forget to join us over at Retro Rubber for this week's challenge.

Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass Distress
Card Stock: Hammermill White
Accessories: Castle Arts Pencils, PFS Slimline Cloud Stencil, PFS Blending Brushes, Frame

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so cool, side by side like that. Awesome work, my friend! XXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being our guest for this challenge! I love lighthouses so I fell in love with your image immediately. I am amazed by your side by side pictures. What a great way to see your own growth! Both images are beautiful and I am glad that Retro Rubber got to be a part of hubby's gift! Thank you again for being our guest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done and how sweet that he wants to showcase your creativity!! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Bonnie Lynn. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at The Four Seasons Challenge. It's always appreciated.
    Blessings,
    Karen L, DT
    The Four Seasons
    www.karen-myuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card 🤩💐👍 happy day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to have you with us Bonnie as a guest this time. I too love Lighthouses and I think this stamp and the little project you have created with it, are perfect. Hope to see you in the Retro Rubber challenge gallery again soon. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creations! Just stunning. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific design! Thanks for entering our challenge!

    ReplyDelete