Monday, March 7, 2022

Warm Wishes To Ukraine

 Hello and welcome.  Like many, I have been transfixed and horrified by the invasion of Ukraine and deliberate attacks on civilians.  I have also admired the resolute way the Ukrainians are standing up and fighting for their country and freedoms.  One thing for sure, I will NEVER take for granted the freedoms I have living in the United States.  I also wish the leaders for the rest of the world would get off their butts and help defend Ukraine even if it means sending my nephew into a war zone.  I have donated what I can afford so about the only way I can support the Ukrainians now is through card making and the #cardsforukraine galleries.  With that in mind, today's card features the free Warm Hugs Sunflower from Power Poppy.  In fact, all of Power Poppy's sunflowers (the national flower of Ukraine) are free to download.  You can find all of them here.

After I printed off my image onto Hammermill white card stock, I then colored it using both prismacolor and copic markers before stippling Tim Holtz Broken China distress ink around it.  Once that was finished, I layered the colored image before adding blue brads and adhering to a pacific pointe card.  I'm really happy with how it  turned out since I'm still dealing with COVID and migraines.

Challenges entered:
 
 
 Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Power Poppy
Ink: Tim Holtz Broken China
Card Stock: Hammermill White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Brads, Glue Dots, Stipple Brush, Prismacolor and Copic Markers
 

4 comments:

  1. Fab make using your new download - thank you for sharing it with us at NBUS this month

    Kathyk
    NBUS Guest DT member for March

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully coloured sunflower and the border blending adds so much to the card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a fabulous job coloring your sunflower. I love the way you blended the background just enough to draw our eyes back to the center! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues for our Special Challenge. Take care!

    ReplyDelete