Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Frost-Tea And Succulent Sunshine

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a couple of cards I made to try and keep my mind off another migraine and still feeling like garbage from COVID.

The first card features a digital image from the now closed Craftin Desert Divas stamp shop called Frost-Tea that I've had for some time and just never used (NBUS).  I'm a tea drinker at heart although I do love a good cup of cocoa, with marshmallows, and coffee from time to time.  I started off by printing the image onto Neenah white card stock and coloring using Castle Art pencils before stippling Mowed Lawn distress ink using my Picket Fence Studio blending brushes.  Can I say just how much I LOVE their blending brushes!!  After I was done stippling, I layered the image before adding some green button brads I bought on an after Christmas clearance a few years back.  For the card, I dry embossed the card, and border, before stippling more mowed lawn ink then adhering my layered image using glue dots.  I then pulled out a Making Memories Noteworthy felt flower I've had for years (NBUS) and adhered it on the border with glue dots.  After adding my own "greenery" by punching scrap card stock using my Martha Stewart fern/pine spring punches, I realized the brad in the center of my felt flower was a different color, so I changed the color by using a green Copic marker.  As an afterthought, I highlighted parts of the image using Castle Arts gel pens. Inside the card is stamped: Glad Tidings for Christmas and a Happy New Year using a Hero Arts stamp I received as a RAK.

Challenges entered:
 
 
My second card was inspired by the Art Nudge 90 colors and this week's Inspiration 849 challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.  I started out by creating a mini slimline white card before stamping images from my You Are My Sunshine (retired) set from Picket Fence Studios in memento tuxedo black ink before coloring them using Castle Arts colored pencils.  After stamping the saying, my clean and simple card was finished.  I'm REALLY happy with how this turned out.

Challenges entered:
 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Use Your Favorite Things (my favorite - Castle Arts colored pencils)
 

Splitcoaststampers IC849 inspiration pic

Art Nudge #90

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great rest of your week and please continue to pray for the citizens of Ukraine as they fight for their freedom, and for the Ukrainian refugees as well.

Frost-Tea card
Stamps: Craftin Desert Divas; Hero Arts
Ink: Tim Holtz Mowed Lawn
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Computer, Printer, PFS Blending Brushes, Brads, Glue Dots, MS Punches, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Snowflake Embossing Folder, Castle Arts Colored Pencils/Gel Pens

You Art My Sunshine
Stamps: Picket Fence Studio
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Neenah White
Accessories: Castle Art Colored Pencils

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Thanks for joining us at the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie Lynn. Sorry you are still feeling ick. I've been getting headaches on my left side but it's because of neck/back/nerve pain, still, it's maddening and really saps energy. I do love your cards, both of them. (613 Avenue Create's challenge fits your succulent card I think, go see what you think). I'm a huge tea drinker so am loving Frost-Tea! First time I saw this. I will need to borrow it now, lol. Can't unsee, lol. Thanks for the tip about Castle gel pens, you like them? I've got lots of Sakuras but half of them are dried up/won't roll. I also have a set of Fiskars that I love but they take forever to dry, guess I'll heat gun them but that always warps my card since I'm adding accents on a completed card. Maybe hair dryer, hmmm. Okay, well, have a good painfree evening! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, that is such a cute image and a lovely card! Love the texture you've created and well done for using up your old stash!
    Thanks for joining in with us this time at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge, hope to see you again,
    Sarah
    DT - Colour Crazy Craft

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Love it! Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Challenge. Good luck!! - Linh (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great image on your fabulous tea-lovers card!
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweeet card, hope you have wellness soon. Migraine and Covid! BAD!!
    So glad you have posted this to us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Very nicely designed. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create!! this month. Hope to see your lovely art work back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous fabulous! Thanks for playing along at Caffeinated Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card Bonnie Lynn. Thank you for entering the Santa Claus/Father Christmas Challenge at CHNC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice work thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely Christmas card, thanks for playing along at THAIC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sending hugs with us at Stay Crafty With a Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute image and card. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Gals Corner.

    ReplyDelete