Sunday, March 13, 2022

Birthday Wishes, Thanks And Sunflowers For Ukraine

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a couple of cards I've made over the last few days.  I colored them while my husband was watching the news and assembled them today while he was making cookies.  Yes, he's the cook in our house and a really good one too since he grew up in a restaurant.  I've continued to color and make cards even thought I'm dealing with migraines and COVID to help me deal with the anxiety of not getting better from COVID faster and the invasion of Ukraine.  I can't do much to help the Ukranians except to make cards to support them.

My first card uses a free digital image from Cha Lion's Instagram account.  After printing it off onto Neenah white card stock, I colored it using Castle Arts pencils before stippling Tim Holtz broken china and mowed lawn distress inks then layered.  Once I had added brads and adhered the layered image to my card, I added some Picket Fence Gin and Tonic sequins (retired) using Ranger Glossy Accents to adhere them.  I'm really happy with how the card turned out.

Challenges entered:
 
The Four Seasons - March Spring Board (inspired by all the colors on the color board)
 


 
My second card uses an Angie Blom's digital image from the Seas The Day digital set I've had for a while and never used.  I started out by printing the image onto Hammermill white card stock then colored it using Castle Arts pencils.  I then lightly stippled some Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink using my Picket Fence Studios blending brush before layering and adding brads.  I then took a fingernail to the edges of the bottom layer before adhering to my card.  The only embellishments were crystal ice stickles.

Challenges entered:
 
 
My final card uses some stamps I bought at stamp convention in 2004 from A Stamp In The Hand (closed I think) and have rarely used.  Why, I don't know.  The set is fabulous to work with and so is the script stamp also from 2004.  I started out by inking the pomegranate stamp using Stampin Up markers before stamping onto glossy card stock four times.  I then did the same with the cherry stamp before over stamping the script (also A Stamp In The Hand) in memento tuxedo black ink.  I then lightly stippled aged mahogony and tea dye distress inks using my Picket Fence blending brushes.  After the ink had dried, I then color spritzed Stampin Up old olive and bravo burgundy markers before layering and adding brads.  I then used a Martha Stewart jumbo punch to punch the saying and flower before adhering them to my card. I then took a Sakura 3D black glaze pen and "embossed" the punched saying.  After adding a pearl bling, the card was finished.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great rest of your weekend.

Ukraine Sunflower card
Stamps: Chadelel Digital Image
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Ink: Tim Holtz Broken China, Mowed Lawn Distress Inks
Accessories: Castle Art Pencils, Stipple Brush, Brads, Glue Dots, PSF Sequins, Ranger Glossy Accents

Floral Birthday Wishes
Stamps: Angie Blom
Ink: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Castle Art Pencils, Computer, Printer, Fingernail, Brads, Glue Dots, Ice Stickles, PFS Blending Brushes

Thank You Card
Stamps: A Stamp In The Hand
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany, Tea Dye Distress Inks
Card Stock: White Glossy; Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: MS Punch, SU Markers, Color Spritzer Tool, Sakura 3D Glaze Pen, Brads, Glue Dots, Pearl Bling, PFS Blending Brushes

14 comments:

  1. ALL your cards are beautifully created (and lucky you for having a cooking hubby, mine doesn't even know where the stove is lol). Thank you for joining both our challenges at The Sisterhood of Crafters and Four Seasons!
    Diane TSH DT and FS DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the brads and the metallic pearl ... lovely card designs ... so very glad you joined our Full METAL Jacket Challenge at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing to have a mama to teach you about crafting. Your cards are so pretty. The sunflower card makes me want to take a stroll on the grounds and be among those lovely flowers.Thank you for joining us at The Four Seasons Challenge. Bunny proud designer for The Four Seasons Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your Top 3 coffee card in previous post. My Honey is also the family cook. Since he retired he grabbed it up as his hobby and also the grocery shopping. During my self-isolation, he's been and continues to be the outside errands partner and that's been a Godsend. Your flower cards are all so pretty. I know that's all you can do but you are in a very enviable position from where I sit! Well, as far as coloring flowers all the time. If all DT sponsors would give us flowers, I'd be in Heaven right now, lol. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! Each one is colored beautifully. My hubby loves to cook and I'm thankful for that. Thanks for sharing your cards at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your makes are lovely but I've popped across from the NBUS blog to admire your deployment of Never Before Used Schtuff on your fab sunflower card, thank you for sharing it with us this month

    Fingers crossed you will soon get shot of both the migraine and the dreaded Covid too

    Kathyk
    NBUS Guest DT member in March

    ReplyDelete
  7. Metallic pearls and metal bards...prefect for our challenge!! Thanks for playing along with our "full metal jacket" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! Glad you were able to use some things from you stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful design you have created for us today! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me again and I love the sunflower card to created in support of Ukraine! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  10. That birthday card is just lovely. Great image of flowers. Thanks for joining in at STB

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful set of cards. Thanks for joining us for our March Monthly Challenge over at 613 Avenue Create. Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are all so lovely. I love your colours and colouring on the floral birthday card. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card and design thanks for sharing at crafty catz

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a lovely card.
    Thanks for showing your support for those in Ukraine
    by joining in with The Daring Cardmakers this week

    ReplyDelete