Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Rockin' 'Round The Christmas Tree

 Hello and welcome.  I'm playing along with the Splitcoaststampers Fan Club Christmas Challenge.  This month we're being inspired by the Christmas movie How The Grinch Stole Christmas.  I took my inspiration from all of the Christmas trees the Grinch stole and brought back to Whoville and figured my new Rockin' Christmas Tree set from Whimsy Stamps would be perfect.  Now the Fan Club challenges are for members only and you can check out all of the Fan Club benefits here.  

I started out by stamping my images in memento tuxedo black ink onto some scrap Neenah white card stock before coloring using Castle Arts pencils.  I then stamped and colored the presents before fussy cutting them out and adding using dimensionals.  I then stippled some shaded spruce ink around the edges using my blending brushes from Picket Fence Studio.  I then layered it before adding green brads and adhered the layered images using glue dots.  The final embellishments were green twine I received as a RAK, Sakura 3D Glaze Pens and ice stickles.
 
Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and wonderful rest of your week.  Now I've got Bernadette Peters going through my head.  LOL
 
Stamps: Whimsy
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin Up Shaded Spruce
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Castle Art Pencils, Dimensionals, Twine, Ice Stickles, Sakura 3D Glaze Pen, PFS Blending Brushes., Brads, Glue Dots 


2 comments:

  1. And your Christmas card rocks too! Thanks for sharing your make with us at NBUS this month

    Kathyk
    NBUS Guest DT member for March

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Christmas trees look like they are dancing! What a fun card! Thanks for joining us over at the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete