Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Lucky Me

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share with you a St. Patty's Day card made for my in-laws.  I pulled out an old Stampin Up set called Lucky Me, that's long retired, I've had since 2000.  In fact, I tried to sell the set when my husband and I moved 6yrs ago, and it didn't sell.  Must have been meant to be for me to keep it.

I started out by stamping the saying and image onto scrap white card stock before coloring it using Castle Art pencils.  I then layered stippled some glorious green ink around the edges using my Picket Fence blending brushes before layering and adding some small white brads.  My card is made using Stampin Up card stock along with some shamrock designer paper I've had for years and never used.  I'm not even sure who made the designer paper since the pad was "disassembled" during the move.  After adding a small stamped border strip, I adhered the layered panel using glue dots before adding some shamrock ribbon from my stash.  As an afterthought, I lightly stippled some green galore ink around the saying and images before adding some green sequins using Ranger glossy accents to adhere them.

Challenges entered:
 
 
  Dare 2B Artzy

Inspiration Station
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin Up Glorious Green, Green Galore
Card Stock: White Scraps; Stampin Up; Clover Designer Paper
Accessories: Castle Art Pencils, PFS Blending Brushes, Brads, Glue Dots, Ribbon, Sequins, Ranger Glossy Accents

11 comments:

  1. Bonnie, what a cute St. Patrick's Day card! As soon as I saw it I knew I had the stamp set somewhere in my collection, too, but had forgotten about it. After seeing what you did with it on your card, I'm going to have to look harder to find it! I like how you used the shamrock paper for the background and LOTS of shades of green! Thank you for sharing your card and talents with us at Double Trouble for our "Bring on the Green" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very festive card perfect for a loved one, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was meant to be that you still have this adorable set. The card and design are wonderful. Thanks for entering your project in the Inspiration Station Challenge.
    Donna
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, so glad to hear about this St Pat's rescue, lol, it was meant to be! Great design - perfect timing! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how we have stamps from 2000, and more amazing that it was one that you wanted to sell but it wanted to stay in its home. Adorable image and glad you brought it out of your stash to create your pretty St Patrick's Day card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and you may want to share with our partner Heart2Heart "Going Green".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some stamp sets are keepers for sure and this is one of them. I don't have any St. Patrick's Day stamps, except for one that says "Happy St. Patrick's Day" I wish I would have heard of your sale, I would have gotten this set for sure.
    Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you kept this stamp set. Bonnie! Your card is wonderful - love the background. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #105.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a fabulous St. Patty's Day card! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Inspiration Station!
    Darlene
    INSPIRATION STATION
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much green cuteness! I love those bold shamrocks! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable leprechaun card! Thank you for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you hung on to this stamp set, it's perfect for our Anything Goes challenge this week! Fun and cute! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!

    ReplyDelete