Tuesday, June 16, 2020

How You Holding Up?


Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card made for my step-mom since my late step-dad's birthday was yesterday (June 15th).  I made the card using colors associated with pulmonary fibrosis since that's what he passed away from last year.  Although he never smoked a day in his life, he was a firefighter for over 40yrs.  Thankfully, now firefighters are provided the equipment to keep them safe, they are still exposed to hazards.  Smoke from fires, even second hand, are filled with all kinds of chemicals.  I should know.  I now have been diagnosed with second hand smoke induced chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and chronic bronchitis.  I've never smoked either, however, my mom, dad, and grandparents smoke cigarettes when I was young and that damaged my lungs.  Please, do not smoke around people.  You never know who much damage you're doing to someone else.

After printing off the image and saying from Bugaboo's How You Holding Up digital set onto Neenah white card stock, I colored using both prismacolor and copic markers before layering onto scraps and then adding to a blue card.  For the card background, I pulled out a very dusty and retired Stampin Up set called Boho Backgrounds and repeated stamped the image in adirondack sailboat blue onto the card. Once I added layered image, I punched out some matching "brads" from some scrap green card stock adhering using a Martha Stewart glue pen.  My final embellishments were a small silver bow, 3D glaze pens and a never before used (NBUS) bling flourish.  I'm happy with how this turned out since I'm still dealing with the same migraine I've had over a month now; just with varying degrees of pain.  

Inside


Challenges entered:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop #380 - Use Your Snippets 
Never Before Used Schtuff (NBUS) #15 - Use Your NBUS 
Splitcoaststampers WT795 - Unused Stamps 
CD Sunday Plus #37 - Anything Goes (Must be digital, CD, USB) 
All Fun Challenges #9 - Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenges #227 - Summer Colors 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!!

Stamps: Bugaboo, Stampin Up!
Ink: Adirondack Sailboat Blue
Card Stock: Neenah White, Stampin Up! Pacific Pointe, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Small Hole Punch, MS Glue Pen, Small Bow, Bling

8 comments:

  1. That is such a good card and such a thoughtful thing to do. I love the colours. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love the colours you used on this beautiful card, sorry to hear about your your migraines, awful things. Thanks for your lovely visit also.
    Take care
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card and such a lovely, thoughtful thing to do. Your colouring is fabulous.

    I suffer with chronic pain too, so you have my sympathy. I hope your migraine soon goes.

    Thanks for joining our challenge.

    Jo

    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Bonnie Lynn and such a kind thought. Our parents and grand parents probably had absolutely no idea of what they were inflicting on their offspring all those years ago. Hope that migraine goes away soon!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful and thoughtful card. I hope the Migraine eases soon. I know what chronic pain is like.
    Thank you for joining us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and thoughtful card, beautifully designed
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Bonnie. Love the colors. Sorry that you have been diagnosed with COPD. That is terrible. And appreciate the sentiment to please not smoke around others. One of my sons has asthma and we used to have to leave restaurants and other places because people would start to smoke. This was before the days of smoking areas, etc.
    Hope that your migraine eases up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and colours. Summer is here :)
    Thank you for joinning us at All Fun Challenges.

    ReplyDelete