Saturday, June 6, 2020

Cats, Gnomes And Sunflowers

Hello again and welcome. Second post today.  I'd like to share another card I made last night while trying to focus on something other than the migraine which has been a doozy. It took several hours just to color since my eyes and brain didn't want to cooperate.  The image is another digital from Impression Obsession I've had for a month and hadn't used yet (more never before used schtuff NBUS).  It's from the Gary Robertson line called Gnome On Bench H1897-DG and is currently free.  If you don't like working with digital stamps, you can purchase it here.  This image reminds me so much of the flower farms near the Monterey coastline and the raisin farms here in California since the end of each row of grapevines has sunflowers planted.

After printing it off, I colored it using both prismacolor and copic markers before edging the image by applying memento tuxedo black ink directly to the edges then layered.  I used very few embellishments for my card.  I then tied some tan thread from my Stampin Up demo days (had this for years and lost it; not anymore).  I then added some vintage silver diamond brads and a milk bucket charm I had forgotten I had.  The final touch was adding a little bit of a 3D glaze pen to the butterfly and white gel pen for the gnomes "eye sparkle".

Challenges entered:

Impression Obsession - On The Farm 
Never Before Used Schtuff NBUS - June 2020 
Colour Crazy Craft Week 22 - Anything Goes 
Crafty Friends Challenge #137 - Anything Goes 
Outlawz Festive Friday May 29 to June 11 - Anything Goes 
Show Us Your Pussycats #55 - Must Have A Cat On It 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great rest of your weekend.


Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Neenah White, Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Brads, Glue Dots, Charm, Thread

5 comments:

  1. Great colouring :-) Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card. Fun image and coloring. Thanks for sharing over at Colour crazy challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello... Thanks for entering your lovely card into our ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge. Gorgeous colouring too. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
    Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I love the bright colors and I just love the way Gary tucks a kitty into many of his images. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering your lovely card at Crafty Friends. Hugs Ela DT

    ReplyDelete