Monday, August 26, 2024

Goth, Christmas and A Few Parasols

Hello and welcome.  It's been rough the last few days thanks to my migraines.  Part of it is stress, from mom's passing and bills, but also the weather change.  Mother Nature can't make up her mind.  If it's going to be hot, then be hot but if it's going to be cool/windy, then be cool/windy and not this weather whiplash stuff that's been going on.  Enough of that for now.  I'd like to share a few cards made over the last several days while trying not to cry from the pain and focus on something else.

First up is a Goth/Halloween card made using this month's freebie from Gecko Galz for the challenge this month.  After printing the image on Neenah card stock, I trimmed it down to size and layered before distressing plus adding black brads.  Setting that aside, I stenciled my card using a retired Newton's Nook spiderweb stencil, blending brush and Memento tuxedo black ink.  After adhering my layered image panel using glue dots, I then stamped the saying from a retired Picket Fence Studios Halloween set on scrap white card stock.  Once I had gone over the saying using a black 3D glaze pen, I distressed the edges before blending some retired going grey ink and adhering to my card.  The final touches were some black/silver fibers I found in my stash and some Crafty Meraki Midnight Shimmer Illusion bling.  I'm really happy with how my card turned out.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Stamps: Gecko Galz; Picket Fence Studios
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; SU Going Grey
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up; Scrap
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Stencil, Blending Brush, Bling, Glue, Brads, Glue Dots, Fibers, 3D Glaze Pen, Black Gel Pen

Next up is a Christmas card made using the freebie image from Gecko Galz for their monthly Christmas challenge.  After printing the image onto Neenah card stock, I trimmed it down to size before layering and setting aside.  Taking my dusty Cuttlebug© snowflake embossing folder, and Big Shot©, I dry embossed my card before adhering the layered image using glue dots.  I then took four tiny snowflakes left over from punching scraps, and added those as faux brads before die cutting the JOY word twice to layer for dimension.  Once the layered saying was dry, I sponged some sage shadow ink over the word so it would stand out a bit before adhering it using Ranger© Glossy Accents.  Since I didn't have any matching fibers, I too some white/silver fiber and dyed it using the sage shadow ink and a sponge.  Once dry, I tied it around the left side of the card then added holly/diamond ice stickles for some sparkle.  I'm also happy with how this one turned out.

Challenges entered:
 
Peace On Earth #70 - See Inspiration Pic Below (inspired by snow, all green colors)
 

 
 
Stamps: Gecko Galz
Ink: SU Sage Shadow
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Ice Stickles, Big Shot, JOY Die, Sponge, Fibers, Snowflake Punch

Finally, I have a clean and simple (CAS) card made using one of the Gecko Galz Beautiful Backgrounds digital stamp set.  After printing it off onto Neenah white card stock, I colored it using my Castle Arts Watercolor pencils and a blender pencil before layering and adding brushed gold brads.  The only embellishment added was diamond ice stickles added to the kimono.

Challenges entered:
 
Gecko Galz Facebook Aug 2024 - Clean And Simple (brads/ice stickles only embellies)
 
Gecko Galz Facebook
 
 
Stamps: Gecko Galz
Ink: None
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up; Gold Designer Paper
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Castle Arts Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pencil, Brads, Ice Stickles
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and rest of your week.
 

6 comments:

  1. This is a pretty card. The parasols down one side are a great addition. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like my teamie Jocelyn I too like the parasols down the edge. I also like the colours of the layers which match the image.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goegeous cards and I so hope you get some relief soon, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. that freebie image is so lovely ... so glad you shared your Christmas Past with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card, great design. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Jo x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, I also like the parasols down the side
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete