Friday, August 16, 2024

The Dragon And The Phoenix

Hello and welcome.  To say the last couple weeks has been trying and stressful, would be an understatement.  Although I know my mom is in Heaven now, and no longer in pain, my migraine has only gotten worse and helping my brain stay foggy.  Now, for some good news ---- I've been added to the Conjurer of Dreams 2024-2025 design team!!  Here are my first projects as part of the DT.

First up is a book lovers card made using Magical Library and Fantasy Book Stack.  I started out by combining the dragon and library background before printing the combined image out on Neenah white card stock before layering and adding some vintage brads.  For the card base, I printed another background from the Magical Library, lightly sanded the edges before adding to a matching blue card base.  Taking the layered dragon image panel, I popped it up using pop dots before adding a vintage clock face from my stash along with a couple of vintage copper beads.
 
Challenges entered:
 
 
Stamps: Conjurer of Dreams
Ink: None
Card Stock: Neenah; Recollections
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Brads, Bling, Clock Face, Glossy Accents, Glue, Pop Dots, Sanding Block
 
My second card is using the Phoenix freebie for this month in the Conjurer of Dreams Inspiration Facebook group.  After combining the image, and saying, in Photoshop, I printed it out onto Neenah white card stock before layering and adding some orange brads from my stash.  Setting the layered image aside, I printed out a digital page from the Island Girl designer papers from Gecko Galz then adhered it to an orange card base.  Taking my layered phoenix, I added that to the card using pop dots before adding some yellow/orange organdy ribbon I've had in my stash for years.  The final touches were silk sunflowers with a bling center, diamond ice stickles highlighting the flames/stars and a gold star clip I've had for years and never used.

I'm really happy with how these both turned out.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Triple B Challenge
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.
 
Stamps: Conjurer of Dreams
Ink: None
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Pop Dots, Brads, Bling, Silk Flowers, Ribbon, Ice Stickles, Clip

8 comments:

  1. Oops, I meant to say thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Dragon librarian that you included in our challenge. A fantastic card with so much atmosphere. Hope your head eases soon.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fantastic card. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. My teamie Carol's comment is what I would have said! Great card.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A truly magical card,thank you for joining in at CD Sunday Plus

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful magical card,
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, my friend, and I like how you've used the older supplies, always a good thing. Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, these are both incredible! WOW! Love all the detail that went into these cards! Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Hope you have a great day!
    Cheers, 🎨🎢✨ Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete