Saturday, August 17, 2024

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

 
Hello and welcome.  I'm still playing catch up on posts for cards I had started before the passing of my mom.  So, today I'd like to share with you a card made using one of the My Favorite Things stamp sets I recently received thanks to a gift certificate from @kreabymik.   

I started out by stamping images/saying from Christmas Carols in memento tuxedo black ink using my MISTI.  I then stamped the snowflakes in Tim Holtz broken china distress ink using an acrylic block before coloring everything using my Castle Arts watercolor pencils and a blender pencil. Once my coloring was finished, I blended some Tim Holtz stormy sky distress ink for the background using my blending brushes before layering and adding brads and adhering to the card using glue dots.  I then dug out of my stash some white/silver thread and tied it across the top before adding a silver snowflake charm I've had for years.  The final touch was adding some waterfall and diamond ice stickles to the snowflakes and sidewalk.  I'm really happy with how this turned out.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: MFT
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Broken China, Stormy Sky Distress
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up
Accessories: MISTI, Castle Arts Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pencil, Blending Brushes, Glue Dots, Charm, Brads, Thread, Ice Stickles
 

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card. I love your quartet of singers and the little scene is fun. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie Lynn: Thanks so much for sharing your super sweet Christmas card with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm always very grateful for you and the lovely cards you link up in our challenges. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete