Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Relax And Dream

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a couple of cards I finally finished.  First up is one using this Zen Time image from Penguin Palace.  I've been needing to take time myself since my mom passed away and my migraines are just getting worse.  I'm sure it's the stress and lack of sleep, but I needed some "playtime" myself.

I started out by printing the image on Neenah white card stock before coloring using my Castle Arts watercolor pencils along with a blender pencil.  Once the coloring was finished, I blended some barely banana ink to help fill in the white space, layered it and added brads before setting aside.  The card is made by dry embossing a Cuttlebug© leafy branch embossing folder with my Big Shot©.  I then popped up the layered image panel using pop dots before gluing some Making Memories© paper flowers from my stash beneath the image.  The final touches were color spritzing a bit of bashful blue marker over everything, adding diamond ice stickles to the water/glass and Ranger© glossy accents to the clock face.  I'm happy with how this turned out.  

Challenges entered:
 
Penguin Palace #40 - Rainbow (used pastel rainbow colors)
Crafter's Cafe #311 - Rainbow (used pastel rainbow colors)
 
Penguin Palace
 
 
Inspiration Station
 
Stamps: Penguin Palace
Ink: Stampin Up Barely Banana
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pencil, Brads, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Paper Flowers, Ice Stickles, Glossy Accents, Blending Brush
 
 
 
Next up is a card made using this gorgeous freebie from Conjurer of Dreams in their Facebook group.  I started out by combining the image, and saying, in Photoshop© then printed it on Neenah white card stock then layered and added metallic pink brads from my stash.  I then dug through all of my ribbon until I found the pink velvet spool I was looking for and added that to the edge.  I then pulled out several scrap pieces of card stock, and my Martha Stewart punches, and punched several ferns, flowers and pine sprigs before running them through my dusty paper crimper.  Using Ranger© glossy accents, I created my floral sprays before adding some punched butterflies to the top.  The final touch was adding fruit punch ice stickles to the flower centers and stardust ice stickles randomly for the water and background.

Challenges entered:
 

Stamps: Conjurer of Dreams
Ink: None
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories:  Computer, Printer, MS Punches, Glossy Accents, Ice Stickles, Ribbon, Paper Crimper, Brads, Glue Dots
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.
 

8 comments:

  1. Wow! This is really such a fabulous, mystical card. This unicorn is amazing. And the fairy too. Fantastic picture! I'm delighted. Great colors and a beautiful decoration with all the punched butterflies and flowers.
    Thank you for taking part in the current Critter Crazy Challenge.
    Hugs, Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Bonnie, very mystical and feminine. Love the velvet ribbon and the MS punched additions.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your second mystical card (the CD Sunday entry) is really lovely. I like all the added embellishments and it was worth looking for the pink velvet.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards with great sentiments.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Jo x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are lovely card, and with great sentiments
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. The relax image is so sweet, I love your coloring! Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty cards my friend, hope you are getting enough restful sleep! xox

    ReplyDelete