Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Tis The Season

 
Hello and welcome.  I'd like to share with you a card I made using a Gecko Galz digital stamp from their Gibson Girls digital stamp set that I paired with some wave designer paper I've had in my stash for years and never used.

I started out by printing the image onto Neenah white card stock before coloring using Castle Arts colored pencils.  Once I was finished coloring, I layered the image panel, added brads and distressed it using a paper distresser before setting aside.  After I added the designer paper to my card, I die cut a few waves from scrap card stock using an old My Favorite Things die.  Once I had adhered the waves to my card, I added the image panel popping it up over the waves using pop dots.  The final touch was adding some blue sequins to finish it off.  I'm pleased with how this turned out.

Challenges entered:
 
The Four Seasons July 2024 - Summer (inspired by the ocean/beach)

 
The Four Seasons
 
Inspiration Station
 
Gecko Galz Facebook Group

Gecko Galz Blog

 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Gecko Galz
Ink: None
Card Stock: Neenah White; SU Scraps; Designer Paper
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Big Shot, MFT Wave Die, Pop Dots, Brads, Castle Arts Pencils, Sequins, Glue, Paper Distresser

10 comments:

  1. Oh that's such a great image Bonnie! Thanks for joining our holiday theme at Alphabet Challenge
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Gecko Girls, such fun and so different for our Sun, Sea San theme at We Love Stamping, thanks so much for joining us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute - love the colouring. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great vintage image of some late 19th century bathing beauties, and great coloring with those pencils too. Thanks for sharing your fabulous card with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your creative designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card and image, looks like they were having a fun day out at the beach - love your colouring. Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping Challenge Karen DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. An awesome creation, Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so wonderful with a vintage feel!
    Thank you so much for joining us at the Four Seasons challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creation.
    Julia
    GG DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the image and that sentiment too!

    Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete