Tuesday, July 23, 2024

The Green Mermaid

 
Hello and welcome.  I'd like to share a card I finished a few days ago using a digital stamp from Gecko Galz from their Splish Splash digital stamp set (she is image SS46).  At the time I printed her out, I was dealing with this migraine that doesn't want to go away, so I made sure to print her at 3.5x5 inches so it would be easier to color on my eyes. 

Pulling out my dusty Koh-I-Noor woodless pencils, I colored her in various shades of green, and yellow, before coloring her headpiece in different colors.  I then blended Tim Holtz stormy sky distress ink (my go to color for muted water coloring) using my blending brushes from Picket Fence Studios before layering, before distressing those layers, before adding olive brads.  Dusting off my Cuttlebug mesh embossing folder, I dry embossed the card base before popping up my layered image using pop dots.  Digging through my stash, I found K&Company shell sticker and added that in the lower left corner of the image panel.  Pulling out my green scraps, I selected a few before punching them using my Martha Stewart fern punch then ran them through the paper crimper to make them look like kelp sprouts.  Feeling like it needed something else, I dug out some old MFT flat backed pearls I had bought 10+ years ago, I added those using Bearly Art glue before highlighting parts of my mermaid using diamond ice stickles.  It was at this point I decided something was still missing so I dug out my solid fish stamps and added a few "schools of fish" and a lone salmon.  Now my card was finished.  I'm really happy with how she turned out.

Challenges entered:
 
Park Hopping My Happy Place July 2024 - Anything Goes Theme Park Related (once again inspired by the mermaids that used to swim around for Disneyland's submarine ride)
 
Gecko Galz
 
Gecko Galz Facebook Group
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Gecko Galz (mermaid); Stampscapes (salmon); Stamp Oasis (school of fish)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Stormy Sky
Card Stock: Neenah; Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Computer, Printer, K&Co Shell Sticker, Pearls, Glue, Glossy Accents, Ice Stickles, Paper Crimper, MS Fern Punch, Paper Distresser, Brads, Pop Dots, Big Shot, Embossing Folder

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! The mermaid has such an exotic look to her! The headpiece with seaweed 'hair' or extensions is a cool idea! Kudos to the image designer!!! You've colored her extremely well! The schools of fish and even the layers of paper and bottom corner accent are terrific details! Awesome! Thanks for sharing at Heart's Quest Fantasy!!! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation.
    Julia
    GG DT

    ReplyDelete